Chapter 14

Anyway. Kurda had his execution. I didn't go to it, I couldn't, hearing him scream would be unbearable. I would cry my puny little eyes out.

Anyway, its the day after the funerals for the vampires that have died during the sad fight.

At the funeral I cried, a lot. I couldn't bear the feeling of so much emptiness. All of it at once too! Why did this happen? And why now of all the times, why now?!

Anyway, I am standing on the platform with Darren and Larten in the Hall of Princes. Determining whether Darren should live or not.

"OK, we have decided." Mika says.

"A lot of us thought we should change the laws to accept you. Though that was well favored, we decided not to do it. The laws are centuries of yeats old, we can not change them now." Paris says.

"What?!" Larten yells. "I am following Arra's last wishes! You will find a way for Darren to live."

"Larten, calm Down." The old boney Prince known as Paris Skyle says with a reassuring smile and I know all is right with the world just by seeing that face.

"We are not changing the laws. So we thought this would be better instead. Who is someone that can get out of failing a trial?" Paris asks.

"What?" I ask.

I see that it clicks to Larten. "Is that really the only way?"

"Its that or the Hall of Death." Mika says.

"What?" Darren and I say in unison, genuinely confused and concerned.

"But he is so young!" Larten protests, "What will happen to me if he is taken into position?"

"Of course you'll have the same power as him." Paris smiles, "As your assistant he must follow your wishes, right?"

"You want to become a prince Darren?" Arrow asks.

"Huh?!" Darren yells, completely taken by shock.

"That's the only way." Paris says.

"Me? A-A Prince?" Darren asks.

"Yes. You." Mika says.

The brunette takes a few seconds to think it over before finally deciding, "If it is the only way."

"Then we will do the ceremony now." Paris says.

"Right now?!" Darren and I yell in unison once again.

The Princes brush us off and send Larten and I back to the stands.

They get the Stone of Blood out. The Stone of Blood is a stone that all vampires have to put their blood into. Once ones blood is in the stone, if another needed to find that vampire they go to the stone. The stone locates the vampire. Another way to use the stone is to think of a location, it will show all vampires in that area. This is very important that it doesn't get in the vampaneze hands.

The stone also opens up the gate in and out of the Hall of Princes, which is supposedly indestuctable, made by Mr. Tiny centeries ago.

The stone is also used to make a vampire a Prince. The soon to be prince cuts his finger tips and two princes do the same. The soon to be prince push his fingertips against the princes. The princes will put on hand on the stone of blood.

Thats exactly what they do. Mika and Arrow turn Darren - though Paris volunteered the others said he was too old and couldn't handle it, which I could tell made Paris sort of angry.

They made sure not to put too much blood in him or he will become a full vampire.

When they are finished we all leave and party. I sat out of the partying. I felt like I didn't deserve to. I did nothing to save the people I've come to love and three are now dead because of my inability to be useful.

"How does it feel?" I ask the brunette when we finally got a chance to chat.

"My head hurts." He groans as he places his palm to the side of his head.

I nod my head, "Well of course."

"So when you going to the Cirque?"

"Tomorrow morning."

"Morning?" He asks surprised.

"If I leave early the chances of me encountering trouble will be down."

"Oh, well tell Evra I said hey."

"Will do." I say.

"Well, I am gonna rest now. I'll see ya in maybe a couple years at best."

"Yeah. Nice knowing you."

"You should like I'm dying."

He laughs, I force a thin smile.

"Will you be Ok? I know this whole thing was traumatic, but.."

"I'll be fine. Just need some time to think to myself."

"Alright, I hope to see you smile wholeheartedly again."

I nod and give him a heart crushing using every ounce of power to make sure it doesn't look fake.

"Let's go... you'll have a hectic few years and I need to prepare for the Cirque, so get plenty of sleep." I order before we both walk side by side to our small little cell.

As I enter the room I grab the clothes I came to the mountain with and quickly changed and found the map back to the Cirque in my jeans pocket.

I am wearing a pair of dark black jeans, a white and purple designed sweater, a pair of ankle high black boots that Evra bought me a few years back, the black scarf Steve gave me the day we went to the Cirque for the first time, and a of course black beanie to top off the look.

I sit on my hammock, then lay down, squize the beanie in my arms, and fall asleep, a very dreamless and boring sleep.

I sit up, put the hat on. And look at Harkat who is sleeping and Darren who is sitting on his hammock.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey." He says back.

"I am gonna go now."

"OK, see ya in a long time." He says.

"Yeah." I turn toward the cell door then stop and spin around.

"What?" Darren asks.

"Why are you being so cold?"

He sighs, "I've never been away from you for long and it sort of worries me that we are actually separating..."

"Don't worry." I smile as I walk back over to him and squeeze my arms around his frame. "We'll meet again and have great times like we used tom. That's a promise. Hold it again me for forever if I break it."

I let go of him and stick my hand out in front of me, but mostly my pinky. "Let's pinky promise."

He laughs at my child-like nature and wraps his pinky around my own.

"I promise." We say in unison before I turn away and leave the mountain and head back home.