Chapter 29

The vampet I am fighting takes out a pistol and shoots at my head, I - obviously - dodge and he misses.

With my brass knuckles on my right I try to punch him in the nose. He dodges and now I miss.

I glare at him and try to punch him some more and he moves out of my reach every time.

I see a large knife on the ground nearby me and I pick it up and try to slice at the man. He tried shooting me over and over, but I used the knife to have the ricochet off or I dodged them.

In the corner of my eye I see the door that RV is standing in front of open and two figures walk in.

One being Gannen Harst, Vancha's brother. And the other a hooded guy, most likely the Vampaneze Lord.

"Guys look." Darren says.

"We are sort of busy here!" We all yell in unison.

I finally finished off the vampet, to make sure he was dead I took his gun and shot him in the head - leaving a large splatter of blood everywhere. I stick the gun into my pocket and sigh but before long I feel a stabbing pain in my right arm and quickly look down to see a bleeding gash in my upper arm. Knowing that the vampet did no harm to me I turn around and see a large bruiting vampaneze.

"So I have to fight the girl?" The vampaneze asks.

"Don't underestimate your opponent." I laugh.

"At least I'm not weak." He calls back bringing his sword down but I blocked it with my - small - knife. If this is how it is gonna be my knife will break.

I chuckle. "Weak? Yeah I see myself looking that way. But I have been through more than you could possibly wrap your head around."

"Like what?" He asks, pulling his sword away and aiming for my side, I jump back.

"Mmh, I should tell you why? You're gonna die anyway."

"I think you got it wrong Missy."

"Missy?"

He swings at my head again but I block it again, the two weapons scraping against one another.

"I mean no other one on your team is female except for that Debbie. But you're the only one that can fight."

"Cocky much?"

"Maybe so, but being cocky wouldn't hurt my clan."

"No?" I ask. "I have met a woman who got cocky and ended up dying."

"Well, then I guess you should go to her and correct her mistake!" He yells trying to drive his sword into my stomach. I quickly move and stab him in the heart with the knife. It took that long just to kill one.

"You should know vampires against vampaneze, the vampires always lose!" Steve yells to me.

I look over to him and see he is no longer holding Debbie. He is sitting on the ground about to black out.

"That's good." I sigh. "I could care less about the whole vampire and V vampaneze conflict."

"You would betray your clan like that?" He grins.

"I'm not betraying anyone..." I grin looking away. "I am here cause I care about my friends and that I hate the vampaneze." Struggling to kill another foe, but just seconds before I can stab my already bloody knife into the heart of this man I am distracted.

"That's enough! No more fighting!" Someone yells. We look over to see Gannen speaking. I no longer see Debbie anywhere... wait did they take her?

"Give me back Debbie!" Darren yells. There is my answer.