Chapter 34

"You don't really mean... that." Harkat says.

"Think about it." I say. "Just because we - Darren, Steve and I - decided to sneak out of Steve's house 15 years ago. Everyone's life has been a living hell. Evra, Darren, Larten, Kurda, Arra, Vanez, Gavner, Seba, Vancha, Debbie, Jack, Smickey, Alice, Vancha, Mr. Tall, Evanna and all those humans that were killed. All this happened because we decided to go against Mr. Dalton. We could be normal adults right now if it wasnt for that freak show!"

No one speaks.

"You're right..." Darren says, emotionless. "You're always right about these things. We should not have been stupid children. Is that what you are saying? We should never have gone against orders...not been alive? We thought we were cool, but in reality we managed to ruin everything. That we should be punished. Killed, just like Larten just was." He hissed, he is pissed.

"I never said that." I snap, "I said if we hadn't gone there then maybe all this wouldn't have happened. Maybe we could be having kids right now with a happy spouse and see our kids grow up happy around us. That is what I wanted as a kid-not...not this!"

"None of us asked for this! But you know what?! Destiny has different plans for us!" Darren snaps back at me, like this entire event is my fault, "You can't be talking about rights and wrongs. You paid for the show, you're at just as much fault as Alan or Steve is."

"You're at fault too." I snap, "If you had not touched Madam Octa, if you had left her alone like you were supposed to! We wouldn't be here if you hadn't kidnapped her!"

"I might have kidnapped her, but you-you were the one that didn't pick up on the fact I was acting strangely!! I tried so hard to get one of to realize I was acting weird! Ask me what was wrong, so I could be talked out of it and be convinced I could continue living back home!!"

"How was I supposed to know that you would die?! I thought it was just a small phase! I'm sorry I don't just magically assume that any time someone says 'I love you guys' that they are concocting a plan to run away and fake their own death!!"

"As my best friends I thought one of you would pick up on it!! Clearly I had too much faith in the three of you!"

"Don't tell me that you think this is all my fault! I can't read minds and I didn't know you were that far into trouble! I knew you almost killed Steve and stuff, but a vampire?!"

"I didn't expect you to just assume I was one I wanted someone you to ask me what was wrong!! You failure of a friend!"

"I'm the failure?! You're the one that almost killed Steve to begin with!!"

"At least I don't blame everything on my friends!"

"You two!! Shut up!" Vancha snaps. "The two of you are hurt right now! I get it! But stop blaming one another!! The two of you are best friends!!"

I scoff, "It doesn't matter anyway."

"Let's just go." Darren suggests though it sounds more of a demand.

"Right." They say and we walk toward the exit.

Alice and Vancha in the front.

Darren, Debbie, and Harkat in the middle.

Smickey and Jack behind them.

Me a ways back.

I hate...everything!

Why is this my life!? Why can't I be normal?!

I wish... I wish I was home in my old bed, playing with Drago.

I know this book is filled with me wishing I could go back. Tell my past self to not go on with the plan, stay home, refuse to go. But come on now. My life was ruined I'm sure if you were me would think the same thing everyday for the rest of your life. I mean I could always go back, but who would want to see me after going missing for 15 years.