Chapter 25

"What do you want?" I ask as I lean up against the alley wall now. "Are you here to brag about your recent successes in killing the human race?"

"No, not at all." He laughs, "I wanted to talk about you joining."

I stare at him for a few ungodly seconds before I pull a face of disgust and ask, "What do you mean by join?"

"The vampaneze. I want you to join us. You could really prosper with us. You could train with the Vampaneze Lord and the others. It would really be delightful for you to join us."

I glare at the male, "I would never join you blood sucking monsters even if hell froze over!"

He sighs, "Why'd I think anything else from you, sis? How's Darren going, by the way?"

"He's...fine." I note.

"You getting along with that Debbie chick?"

I scoff at his attempt to be chummy with me, but brush it off and try to make this like old times.

"She's a total spaz. She drags us all down, making Darren fall for her, and makes me feel...useless."

"She's your English teacher correct?"

"Yeah. She is. And I hate her. After thirteen years you'd think someone would change, huh?"

We have a moment of silence before he chimes up again, "Yeah..." He sighs, "Why do you hate her?"

"Why? Oh come on. She gets in the way of everything; my importance in the group, my sanity, and any chance I had with Darren. She gets in the way and is practically babied by the others. They choose her side whenever we have fights, she doesn't even know how to fight - let alone kill someone - and lastly Darren's love for her will just bring us down."

"How?"

I shake my head, "I know your plan, juice information from me. It isn't gonna happen." I roll my eyes, "Besides you have Steve for that."

"Steve?"

"So I guess I was wrong...hmm..." I shake my head, "Nah forget it."

I sigh again, "Well...nice chatting with you. I'm gonna go home now."

"Jack is in town." He interrupts, eager to try and make me stay.

I get even more suspicious of him.

"Alright...?"

"You should go see him. I don't know where he is staying exactly, but if you go to that one park I'm sure you'll find him eventually."

I sigh, "Righhht. I'm just gonna walk straight into your trap like that."

"Trap? Why would I-?"

"Look, you are acting so innocent when I know what you are. I will never forget the monstrosities you have done to me and Evra. You and that damned Murlough."

"Talk bad about me all you want, but the second you talk back about Murlough I'm not taking it." He snapped back. "I'll just make fun of Kurda."

A vein pops in my forehead, "At least Kurda wasn't a monster!" I snap, "He didn't kill innocent people just to kill innocent people."

"But he killed poor innocent Gavner."

"How do you even know all this?!"

"I have my ways."

"Tch, what ever. I'm going home."

"Go visit Jack please." He says, desperate. "He was crushed when you disappeared!"

I sigh, "I'll consider it."

He smiles, "That's all I ask."

With that I spin on my heels and head off to the park I once spent my days at.

As I arrive I instantly notice the brown haired male swinging on a swing.

"Hey, idiot." I snap at them, thinking it was Darren.

He quickly snapped his head towards me and I realize it was a mistake - of course it was.

We have an awkward second of silence before we hug each other and yell each others name in unison.

"Jack!"

"Tux!"

"It's been so long!" I smile into his shoulder.

"It has been!" He pushes me off of him and smiles. "Oh I missed you so much!

I smile, "We didn't even know each other that well."

"I know, but still! We have to catch up on old times!"

I nod, "We do."

"Let's go to my place. We can talk freely there."

I nod my head, "Of course."

We walk to his apartment building. I wasn't really surprised it wasn't a house, the city didn't have much space for such things, but I am surprised about how it is decorated.

Dark black couches surrounding a large flat screen T.V. The carpet was a pretty white color. The walls were a pretty tan color with some picture frames on hanging along the place.

I wasn't expecting such an elegant and expensive looking place for Jack to love in.

"Sit, sit." He says.

I pull off my boots and place them right on the door mat in front of the front door before plopping myself on one of the couches.

"Want something to drink?"

"You're back?" I hear from another room before a young looking blonde female walks into the room, her bright smile altering when she sees me.

"You must be Jack's wife!" I smile as I stare at her.

"Heavens no." He smiles at me. "Alaina here is just my maid."

"Maid?" I question, "How much money do you make?"

"A lot." He smiles, "I'm a brain surgeon."

"A brain surgeon?!" I ask amazed, "That's so cool!"

I feel the glare of Alaina on the side of my head.

"I'm Tux." I smile at her again, "It's nice to meet you."

"Yeah, nice to meet you too..." She mumbles. "Jack. Is this another girlfriend of yours? A money hungry monster?"

"Alaina!" He hisses.

"Sorry...it isn't my place to ask that, huh?"

"It's fine, Jack." I brush it off, "You need to tell me what has happened over the years. That's why I'm here after all."

"Right." He sits on the other couch, "Want a drink?"

"A Coke please." I haven't had a soda in forever and I could really use one.

"Alright, Alaina, get two sodas."

"Yes, sir." She exits the room.

"Well after you left..." He tell me his life story.

Nothing exciting really happened in his life, he's been in plenty of toxic relationships - girlfriends who like him purely for his money - but the main thing I get from it is that Alaina has been with him for years.

And I guess he is oblivious to her feelings towards him. It was so obvious too, I mean who snaps at their possible masters girlfriend like that?

I check the time on my phone, "3:48 A.M.?!" I snap. "I really got to go, talk to you whenever we meet again."

"Tell me your story next." He smiles walking me to the door.

I hug him goodbye earning a glare from Alaina and make my way back to the hotel.

Yeah, like I care about being in a relationship with him...go ahead and have him Alaina, I don't want him.