f o u r

If I'm Lucky: t h r e e

"Elle, can you do my makeup?" Jo asked from my doorway.

"Damn girl, look at you!" I hollered with approval. Jo laughed and gave her best Gigi Hadid impression as she sauntered into the room. She had on a royal blue bodycon dress and tan wedges that made her legs look great. Her hair was in perfect loose waves, her golden curls hitting just above her waist. The only thing left to do was her makeup.

"Thanks," she giggled shyly, taking a seat on the floor for me to do her makeup. I gave my own makeup one last look over before moving my makeup over to where Jo was sitting. I had filmed myself getting ready for the party to use in my next video, which I intended to edit and upload tomorrow. I'd picked a liquid lipstick that matched my dress exactly and applied a pale gold shadow with a winged eyeliner and some fluffy false lashes. With a sufficient amount of Champagne Pop on my cheekbones, I turned off my vanity light and carried my makeup stash to the ground next to Jo.

"Are you excited for tonight?" I asked her as I primed her eyes for shadows.

"Kind of. Since Luke had his little oopsie last night, I have to basically babysit him all night." She mumbled, do her best not to move her face too much while I applied her makeup.

"Oh poor you, having to spend your evening with Luke Hemmings." I said sarcastically. I can think of way worse things that being obligated to hang out with him, but maybe I was biased because of my huge crush on the rocker.

"You do too! Don't leave me by myself. Jaclyn's probably going to spend the whole night with Ian, so you better not ditch me with these guys, because I literally have no idea how to talk to them. And I'm the only intern who could go, so I'm not going to know anyone else at the party." She pouted as I dusted a grey shadow across her lids. I laughed at the childish gesture before continuing my work.

"Well lucky for you, neither will I, so I guess we're stuck with each other!"

Jo opened her eyes once I removed my brush and sat up to give me a hug.

"I'm so excited that you're living with us." She said into my hair before letting go. "This is going to be so much fun!"

"Damn right it is!" Jaclyn strode into the room in a black romper and red patent pumps. "I hope y'all know that we are going to slaayyyyyy this party, because we all look hot as hell." She took a seat on the edge of the bed, waiting for us to finish getting ready while she scrolled through Instagram. "YOU GUYS! Harry Styles and Liam Payne are going to be there! I'm going to lose my shit!"

"Most of Modest's clients are going to be there." Jo said calmly, clearly not sharing her sister's excitement over the fact. I tried to contain my own excitement but failed miserably, letting out a little squeal as I finished applying Jo's mascara.

"Jo are we actually going to meet 5 Seconds of Summer?" I asked her, my voice full of hope waiting for her to confirm.

"Well, you are meeting them. Jaclyn and I already have," she clarified. "They're all really nice guys. You'll get to meet all of them except Michael. He's in Atlanta right now."

"Why is he in Atlanta?" It seemed like an odd place to go for the couple of days off that they had between shows.

"His girlfriend lives there." Fair enough.

"That's okay. As long as I get to meet Luke, I'll be perfectly happy. I'm just glad he's still going after all the drama from last night."

"It would have looked worse if he didn't go. He's just been given specific instructions not to have any alcohol, so he's probably going to be pouting the whole time." Jo's words confused me. I didn't peg Luke as the kind of guy who needed to be drunk to have a good time.