s e v e n

If I'm Lucky: f i v e

I walked into the office the next morning with a spring in my step, still buzzing from the events of the party last night. Calum Hood had given me my first kiss, and after 21 years of never being kissed, I can say it was definitely worth the wait. The familiar bright the white walls seemed more inviting as I strolled down the hall to my manager Morgan's office. Who knew getting a good morning text from a cute guy could be such a great start to your day.

Calum and his bandmates were about to board their plane for Syracuse to make it to their show tonight, and we hadn't stopped talking all morning. Now that I was at my meeting, I told him I would catch up with him later and set my phone back in my purse. With one minute left before my meeting with Morgan was officially supposed to begin, I knocked on the door to her office.

"Come on in, hun!" Morgan's voice came through the door. I opened the heavy door and found Morgan sitting at her desk scrolling through some website. "Hey Elle," she chirped as she jumped from her seat to hug me. "How was your move?"

"I haven't even started unpacking my things, but so far everything's been great!" I answered as we both took our seats.

"Did you pre-film anything before you left so that you wouldn't have to worry about it while you got settled in?"

"I've got a two tutorials filmed, and one of them is already edited." I answered, much to her relief. Morgan was always worried that I would fall behind on filming, but I always am able to assure her that I am on top of everything.

"Perfect, now we need to talk about your trip to New York next weekend." She said, returning her focus to her desktop. "There's been a few changes to your schedule."

"The meet-up at MAC didn't get cancelled did it?" I was scheduled to have two work meetings as well as a fan meet-up while I was in the city, and I couldn't bear the idea of having to cancel meeting my subscribers. I'd been excited for this since May, and I knew my girls were too.

"No, not at all! There's just a few pending additions to your schedule that we need to go over really quickly." She looked flustered as she scrolled through whatever it was she was looking at. "I was contacted by Modest Management this morning, and they have an interesting proposition for you. I haven't had a chance to go over it in detail, but from what I've seen it looks like a great opportunity for you to grow your fanbase."

I processed her cryptic words in my head, trying to grasp what she meant. What did Modest Management want with me? I was already represented by Morgan, so this couldn't be about managing me.

"So what exactly are we talking about here?"

"First off, they would like to cover your expenses for the trip if you're willing to do an appearance for them and have a business dinner while you are in New York City. I looked over your schedule and you have room to do everything that they've suggested." She rattled off while looking over what I assumed to be an email from the company.

"Yeah, I can definitely do that. But what for?" Before Morgan could respond, a knock at the door halted our conversation.

"Come on in, Ian!" Morgan called to the door. Jaclyn's boyfriend from yesterday stood in the doorway, a warm smile on his face as he joined our meeting.

"Hey Elle! I'm glad you're already here." He greeted me before turning his attention to Morgan, who held her hand out to shake. "Morgan, it's nice to finally meet you in person." He took a seat in the chair next to mine with a folder clutched in his hands.

"I think Ian can probably explain better than I can." Morgan nodded to Ian, signaling for him to explain the situation to me.

"Elle, I'm assuming you heard about Luke's run in with the law the other day?" I nodded as affirmation. "Well, this hasn't been the first scandal of his to get people's attention, and we've been looking for a solution to the problem for a while and had no ideas until you came along." I knit my brows together in confusion. What did I have to do with any of this?