f o u r t y f i v e

"Jo help!" I whine out my bedroom door. Jo walks in with her laptop in her hands and a scowl on her face as she reads through her emails. Her golden hair is twisted into a messy bun on top of her head, and her baggy tee shirt looks familiar when she walks in. "Whose shirt are you wearing?"

"Huh?" She scrunched her nose and looks down at the fabric. "Oh, it's Ashton's."

"Ashton, huh?" I smirk at her and wiggle my eyebrows at her suggestively, and her mouth falls into an 'O' shape.

"Not like that," she says quickly. "You've spent too much time with the 5SOS guys."

"So why do you have his shirt then?" I press. It is a fair question. Why else would she have it?

"It's a really, really long story." She closes her laptop and looks at me curiously. "So whatcha need?"

"I can't get the zipper up," I explain while reaching for the back of my dress. "But I'll gladly sit and listen to this long story if it means I can stay home tonight."

"Tell you what," she says as she zips my dress for me. "I'll tell you the whole story on the plane ride to Fiji."

"Wait," I turn around and face her with a shocked expression, "you're coming to Fiji with us?!"

"Someone from Modest Management has to be with the guys when they travel," she explains. "It was either me or Ian."

"Well, I'm excited that you get to come, regardless of the circumstance." I smile and pull her in for a hug, but she pulls away a second to soon and gives my dress a disapproving scrunch of her nose.

"Is he taking you to church?" Jo scoffs as she takes in my outfit.

"Is it that bad?" I pout disappointedly. I'm trying to dress modestly so that Luke doesn't get the wrong idea, but I don't want to look stupid. The neckline of my lace dress comes up to just beneath my collarbone, but I didn't think it looked too conservative.

"Cap sleeves and a knee-length skirt doesn't exactly say 'take me now'," Jaclyn adds from the doorway. I snort at her comment, but the sinking feeling in my stomach tells me that she's about to force me into something much more provocative. True to my suspicion, Jaclyn makes a beeline for my closet and begins tearing dresses from their hangers until she finds what she considers to be a suitable choice for my date with Luke.

"She can't wear that!" Jo protests, but I already know that Jaclyn can't be reasoned with. When she makes up her mind about something, there is no changing it. Still, a black bodycon dress with a deep v-neck is hardly the look I'm going for.

"Why not?" Jaclyn sticks her free hand on her hip and frowns at her sister.

"Because Calum would lose his shit," Jo blurts before throwing her hands over her own mouth.

"Excuse me, what?" Jaclyn's eyes bulge while she waits for one of us to clarify. "Why would Calum care?"

"Because..." Jo looks at me cautiously, "Elle has been sneaking around with Calum."

"What the hell!" Jaclyn smacks me on the arm with a face of complete horror. "You've been cheating on Luke? Elle, that's so fucked up!"

"It's not like that, I swear!" I rush my words in self-defense. "We're not really dating. I mean, we are now but-"

"What do you mean now?" Jo cuts me off and looks genuinely lost for the first time.

"Look guys, I'll put on the damn dress if you'll wait until I get home tonight to explain." I bargain, and the twins nod and accept my offer.