s e v e n t y t w o

"Luke and Beth are on their way back

"Luke and Beth are on their way back." I roll over on my stomach to lay on top of Calum, but quickly adjust to sit on my side instead out of paranoia.

"He's the size of a blueberry," Calum tells me with a chuckle. "You're not going to squish him with your zero body fat."

"How do you know that?" I ask quickly.

"I googled it," Calum says while flipping through Netflix titles to find a new show to watch. "Have you seen Suits?"

"No," I sit up and walk into the kitchen to get myself a Sprite. I normally never drink soda, but this is my second one today and it's been the only thing I can hold down besides French fries and popcorn. I really hope my cravings and food aversions get better as time goes on.

"We're fixing that right now." Calum says as I sit back down next to him. He clicks the remote to start the show, but I want popcorn again as soon as it starts playing, so I walk back over to the kitchen and dig out another bag of microwaveable popcorn.

"Hey we're home!" Beth calls as she opens the front door.

"Why aren't you laying down?!" Luke runs over to me and looks at me as if I've lost my mind. "You shouldn't be up and walking around right now."

"I didn't do it." I look up at Luke and watch as his expression changes from worry to confusion to surprise. "Yeah..."

"Are you... like, are you cool with that?" He looks so unsure of what to say right now, but just having him here is making me feel better about my decision.

"I am," I nod and look over my shoulder at Calum, who's now walking into the kitchen to talk to us. "We talked about it and uh-"

"I'm going to be a dad!" Calum says with joy. I'm still taken back by his enthusiasm, but after he told me about what his sister went through, it's easier to wrap my head around.

"Eleanor, you're keeping the baby?" Beth bounces in place and clasps her hands together. "That's great news!"

"Really great news." Luke pulls me into a hug and whispers, "I'm proud of you."

"I'm proud of me too," I whisper back before letting go. I've felt uncertain of everything since I went to the hospital, but I know I'm proud of myself for deciding to keep the baby.

"We do need to figure out what to do about this whole..." Calum gestures at the four of us in a circle, "situation, and fast."

"This is sort of time-sensitive..." I add, hoping the bit of pressure will stir a brilliant idea in someone. "Should we tell Baker about the change in plans?"

"Definitely not," Luke shakes his head in protest, "we're on our own this time, but we do need to work fast. The sooner we end our fake relationship, the less likely fans are going to think it's mine."