t w e n t y s e v e n

"Do you care if I spend the night in Calum's room instead?" I looked over at Luke while he continued to text someone on his phone

"Huh?" He glanced up at my for half a second before turning back to his phone. "Yeah, go for it."

Ever since earlier today, he's been distant, only giving me one word answers and never taking his eyes off of his phone. I tried my best to talk to him, but when the guys weren't looking, I could hardly tear him away from the screen.

"What's going on with you?" I looked at him with concern, and he placed his phone in his lap.

"Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind." His eyes were bloodshot with exhaustion, and he should probably go to sleep after the show he just played, but it didn't look like he would be going to sleep anytime soon.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked hesitantly, already knowing he wouldn't want to. I still had no idea where he disappeared to earlier, but I knew it had to do with whatever he was looking at on his phone right now.

"Go enjoy your evening with Calum," Luke shook his head at me and gave me a weak smile. "I'll be fine, don't worry."

"I'm not worried," I argued, "I just don't like to see my friends unhappy."

"Goooo," he grumbled with a playful shove to my shoulder. "Stop bugging me."

"Fine, Mr. Bossypants," I reached across the bed to give him a quick hug goodbye, and he wrapped his long arms around my shoulders. "I'll see you in the morning."

"See ya," he mumbled before turning his attention back to his phone. I decided not to think too much of Luke's moodiness and raced over to Calum's room. Thankfully, he was only across the hall, so I crossed the eight feet to his door and waited for Calum to let me in.

Calum opens the door a crack and leans into the space, only his eyes and a few strands of hair showing. Even through I can't see it, I know he has one of those adorable smiles hidden behind the door.

"What's the password?" He asks with a chuckle.

"Let me in before someone sees!" I whisper annoyedly.