t e n

"Where should we eat?" Kat asked over Michael's shoulder as they walked beside Luke and I. Kat was happily situated on Michael's back, enjoying a piggyback ride through the streets of West Village. I looked curiously at the couple and then to Luke, who read my thoughts easily.

"He does that a lot. I thinks it's weird, but I guess people stare at us regardless." Luke and I watched in fear as Kat's dress slid up her backside, fortunately revealing a pair of grey compression shorts underneath. Michael hopped, shaking her on his back and causing them both to laugh. "I've tried to tell Kat not to encourage him, but she's just as much of a clown as he is."

"It's sweet," I watched as Kat and Michael continued to goof around. She would mess up his colorful hair and he'd pretend to drop her as we walked along.

"Are we looking for grab-and-go or do you guys want to find a place to sit down?" Ashton asked the group. I looked at Luke to see if he had a preference, but he shrugged for what felt like the hundredth time since last night.

"We've got some time. We might as well get something decent to eat." Calum offered, which received a few nods from his friends.

"Andie told me about a great place a few blocks from here," Kat said, likely referring to one of her 'sisters'.

"Lead the way, Kit-Kat." Calum gestured for her to join him in front, offering her his arm in a goofy, theatrical way.

"Michael, sweetie, you've got to let me down." She giggled at Michael's pout when he heard he had to put her back on the ground. "I need my exercise." Michael rolled his eyes at his tiny girlfriend and reluctantly set her on her feet. She kissed his cheek and skipped over to Calum, looping her arm in his, and together they lead us to the restaurant that Kat's friend had talked about.

I did my best not to pay to much mind to the stares that we got from people as we walked by, but it was easier said than done. A quarter of the people of the street seemed to recognize the guys, and the rest were intrigued by either the other people's fascination with us or simply the boys' collective tallness. Several girls whispered amongst their friends and made no attempts to conceal the fact as we passed them. A few people were friendly enough to wave, but most of what we experienced was that of being a zoo animal.

"Hi, we just wanted to say we love you guys." A girl said softly as she and two of her friends walked up to us. Two out of three were wearing 5 Seconds of Summer shirts and they all looked to be about fifteen or sixteen.

I looked at Kat to see what she did when fans came up to them, but she just smiled and stood next to Michael, so I followed her example and clutched onto Luke's arm and put on my best smile for the girls while they hugged each of the guys. When they were finished, the one with her hair in a half ponytail looked at Kat and hugged her as well, while her friends chatted with Ashton.

"Hi Kat!" She squealed. Kat chuckled and hugged the girl back with a huge smile on her face. "You're even prettier in person!" The girl praised, but Kat just laughed and shook her head.

"You're so sweet, but I look terrible today!" She looked up at Michael, who was already holding her hand again. "This one kept me up late last night." The girls giggled at the innuendo in her statement, which made Kat backtrack frantically. "Playing black-ops!" She insisted, and I had to suppress my own giggles.

"Black-ops doesn't require shaking the bed." Calum teased her. "Walls are thin." He added with a smirk. Kat's cheeks became a dark red shade at Calum's words, and I felt bad for the poor girl being put on the spot like that.

"It was a heated game." Michael wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, which made everyone laugh at his girlfriend's expense. Kat huffed in annoyance at him, but Michael was too pleased with himself to feel guilty.