Chapter 9

[Gotham City]

[September 8th 202X, 17:49 EST]

The Dark Knight cut off all communication from the Justice League. This was between him, Dick, and Jason. It wasn't anyone else's business but theirs. Not even Alfred's.

He took the Bat-Cycle and rode it to the meeting point. Hal's Circus.

The last time he was there was when he met Dick Grayson for the first time. He remembered the look on the poor boy's face when his parents fell to their deaths. 

Shock.

Hurt.

And broken.

Just like he was. Bruce took the young boy under his wing then began training him to be able to stop anyone else from suffering the same fate they both did while also making sure he did his best to act as a father figure to him.

Bruce trained him so he wouldn't turn out like him.

A year and a half later was when Bruce found Jason Todd. While returning to the Batmobile after a night of patrolling Gotham, he caught Jason trying to steal the wheels off of his car.

After clearing the situation up, Bruce could see the potential that Jason had. He welcomed him into the family and like Dick, he trained Jason as well.

That was over half a decade ago but the memory of him losing both of them still haunted him every single day.

Bruce knew he was walking into a trap, but that didn't stop him. He was determined to bring Jason and Dick home. 

Once he got to the main tent Bruce checked the time on his phone. 17:58. The show was about to start. He pulled out his iconic Bat-a-rangs and was high alert. 

"Hello, Brucie." A familiar playful voice sang. Jason. Bruce threw his bat-a-rangs hoping it would cause Jason to be unable to fight.

None of them hit him.

"Jason, Dick, I don't want to fight you, please just come out so we can sort things-" Bruce was interpreted by a bullet that just missed his head.

"Oops, my finger slipped." Jason said jumping out of the shadows facing Bruce for the  first time in years. He took off his red mask and threw it on the ground so Bruce could take a good look at the person who was about to end his life.

"Jason..." Bruce whispered quietly in shock. He grew up so much.

"Don't forget about me." Another voice appeared. This time is was Dick. He walked up behind Bruce and stabbed him in the shoulder before he could move out of the way. "You are getting rusty Bruce. DEATHSTROKE NOW." 

Bruce swiftly reached for his grappling hook and moved out of the way right as Slade was about to pounce on him, slicing his head off with his blades.

"Why is he here?" Bruce asked referring to Deathstroke.

"Oh Bruce, you have always been so arrogant. Not bringing help tonight will be your downfall, Bruce." Dick states.

Oh shit, where did Jason go Bruce panicked while putting pressure on to his wounded shoulder.

"Peek a boo I see you." Jason whispered into Bruce's left ear. He then proceeded to kick Bruce off of the ledge causing the Dark Knight to plummet straight down to the dirt ground.

He landed on his back not even bothering to get back up.

"FIGHT BACK!" Dick yelled. Slade was sitting on the sidelines watching this family feud.

This was Dick's revenge, not his.

Even though Jason and Dick were trying to kill him, Bruce refused to fight either of them.

"I was never mad that you guys weren't able to find me, hell I didn't know where I was till Deathstroke informed me," he started then froze. He knelt down to face Bruce. Dick gave him a disgusted look. "But when Deathstroke told me you let Jason die I snapped." He yelled at Bruce's masked face well repeatedly kicking him in the gut.

"I thought I would have been a wake-up call to you. That you would do all  you could to protect Jason but instead, you let him die." Dick continued to furiously rant.

Jason was shocked. He never expected that his death would be the reason why Dick wanted revenge so badly.

"I hate everything that you stand for. You say you do this for justice? The way I see it you do this for yourself." And with that Dick stood up and pulled out a gun. Bruce didn't flinch.

"Thank you for everything Bruce." He whispered before he pulled the trigger.

The bullet stopped.

It was hovering only an inch above Bruce's forehead.

"Dick please stop." Someone pleaded.

The enraged teen snapped his head to see M'ggan. And the rest of the team.

Artemis.

Kaldur.

Roy.

Connor.

Tim.

Zatanna.

Clark.

Diana.

Barry.

Hal.

Dinah.

Oliver.

Everyone.

Barry grabbed Bruce and ran him over to the rest of the team.

Jason jumped down still raring for a fight. Slade was now standing behind the teens ready for orders.

"Give up." Clark said. It was their only warning before the League took the three of them down. Dick growled.

"Make us." He said pulling out a button from one of his many pockets. He pressed the red button activating a series of explosives that went off all around the circus tent.

The whole tent fell down like a house of cards.

"I took this from bat by to way. Head's up Sup's." Jason yelled out through all of the dust. He shot a Kryptonite bullet and aimed for Clark's heart.

And just like that, they had escaped.

Word count: 923 words