Chapter 8

"No more confusion the page has turned"

-Ratt(closer to my heart)

¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°

What had happened? The hangar was almost completely destroyed. Dead bodies of officers and stormtrooperslittered the ground and bits of blownup pieces of machinery and TIE fighters were strewn everywhere. Nyx was furious. She had only been gone for an hour or less and already things were going terribly wrong. What had caused such destruction? Her eyes flickered over to the line of TIE fighters against the wall. Several of them were in flames and one of them was missing. She narrowed her eyes, why would someone take a TIE fighter and—

The Prisoner.

Of course!

Anger coursed through her. How could a prisoner slip right through their fingers?

Ignoring the terrified stares of other officers she stormed to one of the main control rooms.

"How could you let a prisoner escape?" She snarled at the Red-headed general as he looked over an officer's soldier with the slightest bit of a panicked expression on his face.

"He had help," he replied in a cool tone as he walked up to her, "From one of our own."

"An officer?"

"No...a Stormtrooper—" Hux started but at that moment Kylo Ren entered the control room.

"The Stormtrooper from the village—FN-2187 to be more precise," he said bitterly. His altered voice was deep and mechanic.

"Him? How can you be so certain?" Nyx asked seriously catching an officer's curious gaze and glaring at him; the officer quickly ducked his head and went back to typing something down on his datapad.

"I sensed something wrong about him...a disturbance. But I dismissed it and payed it no mind," Kylo explained ignoring Hux's annoyed glares.

She was frustrated. "Why didn't you say anything? The hangar is in ruins Kylo! Several TIE fighters have been critically damaged and three have been destroyed all because of your ignorance!" Nyx didn't know why she yelled at him, perhaps it was the fact that she would have to, at some point in the future, kill him and she was venting out her anger.

Both Hux and Kylo didn't say a word. With heaving shoulders and flaming Amber eyes, Nyx turned towards the officer behind her. "You," the officer looked up and stiffened when he met her gaze, "fetch Phasma for me."

"Yes sir." He saluted and skuttled out the door. The hooded woman turned back around to face to two young men.

"This is much discouraging. To be betrayed by one of our own is of one of the highest offenses."

"I've sent a squadron down to Jakku to investigate the wreckage," Hux said importantly.

"Just how capable are your men general?" Nyx said testily. "I wouldn't trust them so easily now that one has betrayed us."

"My men are exceptionally trained from birth," hux growled. "They are perfectly capable of handling situations like this."

Nyx snorted and sneered at him, "well, they are also perfectly capable of treason. Perhaps the Supreme Leader should consider using a clone army."

"I won't have you question my methods," the general snapped angrily

"The droid is the most likely reason why they didn't choose to run away. That droid has a map to Skywalker. It must not fall into the hands of the Resistance. It is the key to victory and I will not allow it to be lost so easily," Kylo stated darkly.