Chapter 35

I recommend you listening to this song as you read this chapter👆

¤¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤
"If you touch her you're dead."

¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤

Even from atop the cliff, Nyx could hear the terrified screams as the Stormtroopers marched forwards with their blasters in their hands
Blaster fire rang out as the Resistance fighters fought back but the Stormtroopers shot them down easily, like bags of sand. She watched as each side lost people. People were running back and forth as shots were fired all around them. Objects burst into flames, something exploded causing both Resistance fighters and stormtroopers alike to go flying backwards.

Resistance soldiers tried desperately to form a blockade but it was no use; more and more stormtroopers marched in, slaughtering all those in their path.

Bodies started to cover the ground—some had been shot multiple times, one had been crushed by their own friends because of the panic, and others were on fire.

Blood was splattered everywhere—on people, stormtroopers, ships, walls, the ground. Even from where she sat, Nyx could tell that it was a very gruesome battle.

Then there came the sound of dozens of TIE Fighters along with the familiar rumbling of Kylo's command shuttle.

Nyx watched as the ramp lowered and Kylo stepped out with his red lightsaber ignited in his hand. 

Explosions made the ground tremble as the TIE Fighters and X-Wings battled in the sky. Burned pieces of both ships rained down on the people below and still her troops marched on, unfazed by the mass of chaos.

Nyx raised her hand again, and the Murvanian Calvary took off, galloping at full speed towards the enemy. Fire and arrows rained down from the sky, and Nyx wanted to bask in her enemy's screams.

The Hyrdrith's heavy hooves trampled all those in their way or gored them with the long metal horn that that was on the helmet they wore.

More people fell and more people fought back. But it was no use, more stormtroopers marched in, and more Hyrdriths trampled and gored people.

"I think it's our time for fun, don't you think?" Nyx asked the other riders. Ora laughed and nodded in agreement. Then, Antaru stepped forwards and leaped off of the cliff. His massive red wings spread like a huge red fan  as he took off into the air before letting out an earpiercing roar. Down below, she could see resistance soldiers look up in horror as she flew over them. Screams drifted up to meet her ears and she laughed maliciously. Antaru growled and dove straight down towards the ground.  When his wings opened up again, he opened his large mouth and let out a plume of red, orange and yellow fire. The screaming intensified as people ran for cover. The other riders joined her, their dragons also blasting the enemy with columns of red fire.

Something bright hit Antaru in the side and he hissed in annoyance when he spotted a young man armed with a small blaster. The man's face went white and he dropped the blaster as he tried to make a run for it but Antaru easily swooped down and snatched him in his talons. Ignoring the man's cries of terror and pain, Antaru flew higher until he about two hundred feet in the air and then dropped the man. Nyx's eyes closed before the man's screams were silenced  when his body smashed into the ground below.

Suddenly, Antaru reared backwards with a roar and Nyx was flung from his back. She cried out in suprise and tried to grab hold of the saddle, but she was already plummeting downwards. Out of sheer luck, an X-wing flew underneath her. Grunting, she grabbed hold of one of its wings, ignited her lightsaber and slashed the engine. Smoke erupted in her face and she coughed, but her idea had worked. The X-wing leaned to the side and started to nosedive down towards to the battle raging below. Once the ship was about forty feet from crashing, she let go of the wing and angled her body to brace for impact. Her body hit the ground hard and she did a somersault to absorb the impact. But it still hurt. To a normal human, that fall would've broken a person's leg, arm, or back.