Chapter 28

Warning: there is the tiniest bit of steamy stuff in this chapter *wink wink*

¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤

"It was for my own good."

¤

°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤

He was livid. Rage coursed through their minds as they clenched their skulls in pain. Nyx closed her eyes and gritted as red dots appeared appeared before her eyes. Then it was gone, as if it hadn't occurred at all.

Nyx let her hands fall to her side. Her breath was shaky and as she stood, she put a hand on Kylo's shoulder to steady her wobbling legs.

"He is angry," Kylo stated, getting to his feet and shaking his head. "We must go to him."

"Indeed we must," Nyx breathed. "I must go tell my sister about this." Still shaken by the sudden presence that had invaded her mind, she walked shakily away from him.

¤°¤°¤°¤°¤

"Now?" Ora exclaimed gawking at her in disbelief. "When will you return?"

"Will you ever return?" Ismae added with a nod. Her twin sister hissed at her and kicked her leg. Ismae cried out and swore loudly. "What the hell As?!"

"I suggest you obey your...leader and go to him. It is better to face than avoid him." Ora stepped forward and placed a pale hand on her shoulder. "Go sister. I shall look out after everything while you are away."

Nyx bowed her head in thanks and then made her way to her tent to dress in her proper Sith attire. Once again, she clipped her hood back onto her shirt and clasped her cape around her neck. For a second she hesitated, but then she grabbed the piece of cloth that covered her mouth and nose. It felt strange to put her mask and hood back on. Almost like she was retreating back into her shell.

"It feels strange," she murmured. "Do you not feel the same?"

"Yes," a deep mechanical voice answered from behind her. Nyx sighed—he was back to wearing his helmet.

"Come then, let us head back to base." She brushed past him and the two walked into the woods where the shuttle had landed.

¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤

She was nervous. Would the Supreme leader punish them—torture them? She shuddered as she shuttle blasted off into lightspeed.

"Are you cold?" He asked sitting beside her in the Co-pilot's seat. "Or are you afraid?"

Nyx pulled down her hood and tugged off her mask. Her long hair had been coiled at the back of her head and she had made sure to pull out all her beads and feathers.

"It actually felt...pleasant to take my mask and hood off. I was just getting used to it not being there and now I must adorn it once more."

"I see." He drew out the last word and she heard the loud click as his breathing apparatus lifted, enabling him to remove his black metal helm. Her pointed ears pricked and swiveled towards the sudden sound.

Kylo watched her strange pointed ears twitch and swivel. He found them interesting, for he had never seem such ears before. He observed the way they poked out of her hair and stuck out slightly on both sides of her head.

Nyx turned around in her seat and watched him with her ears sticking straight up with curiosity. "You took off your helmet," she observed.

Now that she no longer had her mask or hood on, Kylo could see that she looked very much like a feline.