Chapter 40

"We need your help."

¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°

"According to the tracker on their ship, they are located on the planet of Ishkar."

Nyx went white and a shudder went down her spine.

"Sister?" Ora looked up from what she was doing with a look of concern on her face. "Is something wrong? Are you feeling ill?"

She dismissed it with a wave of your hand. "No...all it will. Please continue."

Nyx...is everything alright? I sense your distress. Kylo's deep voice echoed inside her head and she clung onto his presence tightly.

The Resistance base is located on the planet of Ishkar...Kylo I spent years of solitude on that planet. That was the place where I truly let the dark side consume me. Nyx remembered it all too well. She remembered the first few days on that planet, huddling under a cliff overhanging as rain poured down from the sky, her stomach rumbling hungrily. She remembered barely surviving a Gabin attack while she was out foraging for food and the blood that turned the river red from the time where she had been bitten by two of them.

You don't have to go-

No. She cut him off. I'm going. If I don't go, the plan won't work.

She could sense his peak in curiosity. And what exactly is your plan?

You.

¤°¤°¤°¤

She fought the urge to shudder as her feet stepped out of the ship and onto the soft soil of Ishkar. Memories flooded back to her and took a deep breath to steady her thudding heart.

Antaru's long snout nudged her side comfortingly and she rubbed it lovingly.

"The tracker says that their Base is around this area," Ora announced to everyone. "Be wary of attack."

Ora had insisted on bringing an army but Nyx was thoughtful and ordered fifty Hydrith riders, seventy foot soldiers, and five Dragons. She was determined to have the Resistance join her and if they arrived with a huge army, she knew that it would be less likely for them to side with them.

"If they attack, we will flee," Nyx reminded her sister. "We must not intimidate them into becoming allies-we must negotiate and persuade them."

"I understand," Ora said grumpily.

As they ventured farther into the forest, Nyx became more and more paranoid of her surroundings. What inf they were attacked by a pack of gabins? But then she sensed something through the Force. Nyx held her hand up, stopping her forces.

"I can sense them...they are near." Her ears suddenly pricked upward as she heard something walking right towards them. She slipped into Murvanian. "Defensive position."

They all waited as the thing came closer and closer. And then suddenly, a man emerged from the trees. He was quite round, with chubby cheeks, floppy brown hair and pinched eyes. In his hands he held a blaster, but it wasn't of the highest quality.

The man's eyes fell upon the Murvanian troops and he froze, his eyes went wide in fear.

"W-w-what do you want?" He stuttered, aiming the blaster straight at Nyx.

The hooded woman chuckled darkly and dismounted from Antaru's back. Her hands brushed against the hilts of of her lightsabers on her hips.

"Now, now-there's no need for hostility." Her hand suddenly snapped out and yanked the blaster from his hands. "I just want to talk to that general of yours." In her voice there was a sugary sweetness, as if she was talking to a small child. "Just do as I ask and no one gets hurt." At the last part of the sentence, she tapped him on his nose but was taken by surprise when he reached out and grabbed hold of her arm. Of course it didn't hurt much; he was just a human after all. "Now that's not very nice now is it?" Quite easily, she slipped her hand out of his grasp and stepped back. "We can have this done the easy way or the hard way. Which one would you prefer?" Nyx turned her back on him and tossed one of her soldiers the blaster.