Chapter 32

"You're mine."

¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤

There was hardly any sleep that night. Most of the people stayed up all night readying their weapons and practising their aim and hand-to-to hand combat. Nyx was one of those people. Except she was busy polishing and sharpening Antaru's armor and battle claws.

"Hold still," she told him firmly as he lowered his head and she strapped the metal helmet on his head. The armor covered a part of his snout and protected his eyes. "Does that feet comfortable?" Antaru snorted in response and bobbed his head up and down. "Good." She finished strapping it down and moved on to the next part: the neck guard. It was a series of metal overlapping plates that covered the area down his neck, all the way down to the saddle.

"Nyx, it's late—aren't you going to sleep?" Kylo yawned from behind her. She smiled and turned from what she was doing to face him.

"I must prepare for battle. Antaru has never tried on armor before so I need to make sure it fits him," Nyx said, tightening the large leather straps on the neck guard. "We cannot have his armor falling off during a fight now can we?" She patted Antaru on his neck.

"You work too hard," Kylo commented, cupping her check in his hand and kissing her forehead tenderly. "You must rest."

Nyx shook her head and gave him a quick peck on the lips before she turned around again. "No, we are heading out to the Finalizer at dawn. Could you pass me the battle claws?"

"The what?" He gave her a puzzled look. "I am unfamiliar with such an object."

Nyx rolled her big eyes and pointed to the small pile of metal claw-like contraptions. "There, next to Antaru's back leg."

"Oh." He shuffled over to them, ducking a couple times when the big black and red dragon swished his long tapered tail over his head. "These?" He held one up.

Nyx nodded. "Can you hand me one?" But then she saw Antaru's lashing tail and thought better of it. "Actually, could you just toss me one? Dragons are known to whip their tail at such a high speed, that it is very possible for it to decapitate a person." His face paled and he passed her one. Nyx was careful not to grab the claw part when she caught it. "Now I believe this goes on here..." the claws slid on like gloves over Antaru's talons and then had two leather straps—one just a few inches above his ankle and one that tied in the back. "How does that feel?" She stepped back and allowed Antaru to flex his claws and walk around. He snorted contentedly.
"Are you riding Nafiti?" Nyx asked as she strapped on the other battle claws to Antaru's feet. "Where is Nafiti anyways?"

"No, I think I prefer to stay on the ground and fight," Kylo said walking over to Antaru and scratching him just behind his horns (It was his favorite spot). "And I don't know where she is."

"Oh..." Nyx tugged on the leather straps that attached to Antaru's helmet to make sure it was secure. When she was sure that the helmet wasn't going to move, she walked over to his lashing tail and grabbed it firmly in his hands. While keeping the tail from moving with her other hand, she grabbed a large metal spear head and slipped it on over the red spear shaped barb on the end of his tail. "There."

"He looks magnificent," Kylo complimented with a nod of his head. "He looks fit for battle."

Antaru snorted and dipped his head, as if thanking him for the compliment. Nyx laughed and playfully shoved his head. "Antaru says, "Thank you"."

"Well Antaru looks ready for a fight," Ora's voice commented from behind them. "It seems I am not the only one that is testing out their dragon's armor." Nyx turned and saw her white-haired sister watching her with the reins of her dragon in her hand. Raiya held her armored head up proudly and curled her lip at Antaru who growled at her.