Long Distance Relationship Chapter 25

Thank goodness our favourite cafe isn't too far away from my house. It took me about 10 minutes to walk there and grab a table for four. I actually love this cafe a lot. It's nothing like sitting at Starbucks or Second Cup, this was seriously meant for people to come sit down and drink a nice cup of coffee and just relax and take in the atmosphere. Not long after I arrived, Blaze entered the scene and was welcomed by the workers. She bowed her head and went over to my table.

"The others haven't arrived yet, but we can grab something to drink now if you want." I suggested with a tint of joy in my voice.

She nodded her head in agreement. "Yes, let's do that."

As we were waiting on the skirts of the register pending on which drink we wanted, Rouge and Cream entered. I waved them over and then hugged them both.

"Looks like you two started without us" Rouge said in a playful tone. "What's the rush anyways? We have all evening to talk about whatever your little announcement is."

She elbowed me as Blaze went up to the cashier and ordered her drink. I blushed and adverted my eyes from meeting Rouge's. "I promise, what I'm about to tell you guys will totally blow you away."

Cream tugged on my sweater and pointed me at the cashier. "They're ready to take your order. Can you just get me a glass of water?" I nodded my head and proceed to move forward. Rouge followed me behind and ordered right after me. After that, we gathered at the counter waiting for our drinks to be made and just had small talks here and there. Finally, all of us had our drinks and we went back to our seats. Before I could settle myself in, Rouge spoke up.

"Before we get started, may I ask you why your car is at Sonic's?" She tucked a fist under her chin and tittered.

I felt my heart suddenly feel painful and looked down into my cup of coffee. "Right, I guess I'll have to tell you guys everything if things wanna be made sense." I quietly said. I took a deep breath in and prepared myself for the long story.

---

"I never knew Shadow rode a motorcycle" Blaze spoke with amazement. "I thought he only drove that black SUV."

Rouge shook her head. "Please, that boy has so much money lying around, that he can probably afford for four more vehicles."

"Guys we aren't here to talk about what Shadow's drives, we are here to see what Amy has to say to us." Cream sweetly stated. "So now that we know the story Amy, what's the big news?"

I adverted my eyes and felt myself blushing again. I rounded up all the courage I had in my stomach and practically fangirl squealed out the sentence. "I like Shadow. Not in the friend way, but the lover way." I cup my cheeks with both my hands and hardly could contain my excitement.

"Amy are you serious?" Cream brightly grinned from ear to ear. "Amy if you and Shadow become an actual thing, you guys would look so cute."

"I ship it." Blaze chuckled and gently smiled.

"I also told Shadow how I feel about him, and you know what he said?"

"What?" The trio said in unison.

"That he will give me a chance! That if I keep trying hard enough, that maybe he will fall for me too!"

Blaze and Cream awed with affection. Throughout the whole time, Blaze tried to give me facts about Shadow's personality and his class schedule so I could try and cope with them. Cream said she will support me no matter what, through thick and thin. And Rouge... She didn't say one thing to me. She just sat there, her arms crossed and her eyes observing her empty latte cup.

"I need to use the washroom." Cream shyly said and proceeded to stand up.

Blaze stood up as well. "I also need to use the rest room." Soon, the two disappeared behind the girl's washroom sign.

I looked over at Rouge who still hasn't said anything. I leaned slightly forward in my seat and placed a concern smile on my face. "Rouge... You... You haven't said anything to me this whole time. Is something wrong?"

Rouge's ears twitched. She quickly glanced at me and gave me a pitiful half grin. "I'm overjoyed." She said in a dull tone. Clearly not meaning what she said.

I narrowed my eyebrows. "Rouge what's wrong? Are you mad at me for liking Shadow? I'm sorry but--"

"It's not that sweetie." Rouge sharply shot back.

I leaned back into my chair surprised from her outburst. My smile soon turned into a frown and I didn't know what to say. Rouge saw my face and sighed. She looked around then finally stopping when she made eye contact with me.

"Amy..." She started off quietly. "I didn't wanna say this in front of the girls, but I've known Shadow for years now and I guess you can say I'm close to him."

I tilted my head in confusion. Is Rouge trying to tell me that SHE likes him? Oh no... Not a love triangle... I opened my mouth to say something but she cuts me off.

"When I heard that you and Shadow were dating, my mind went into overdrive. I just didn't understand how that could happen. But once you told us that you guys were just fake dating, I guess I could understand now." She exclaimed.

"Rouge, what are you trying to say?" I said in a stern voice. No wonder Rouge didn't say anything to me when I asked her about Knuckles, she-she likes Shadow too... I think...

Rouge looked away and sighed. She had a frown and her eyes were filled with pity and a mix of confusion.

"Sweetie..." Rouge trailed on for a little bit. "Shadow... Shadow has been in a long distance relationship with someone else for 6 years..."