Getting Answers Chapter 46

"You can open your eyes Amy." Shadow calmly spoke.

I didn't realized that the whole time, I had my eyes shut closed. I slowly opened one eye, then the other. I rapidly blinked and looked around; we were inside my living room. I felt Shadow untie the rope around my wrists and collapsed onto the ground.

I quickly spun around to see Shadow groaning in pain. "Shadow!" I cried out. I knelt down and placed my hands on his back. "Shadow are you alright!?"

Shadow groaned and tried to get himself back up. "I-I'm fine." He stuttered with a winced expression.

"Shadow stay down, I'll get you some..." I cut off my own sentence when I felt my right hand becoming wet by some weird red liquid. I pulled my hand back and flipped it over to see my whole palm was covered in blood. I looked down and saw the wound Scourge inflicted, making a steady stream of blood all the way down Shadow's body and onto my carpet. I shook my head and instantly ran into my medicine cabinet, frantically searching for some pain killers or at least some bandages. I can't freak out right now, Shadow's life is on the line here. J-just stay calm.

I came back to Shadow with a bunch of towels and a bottle of painkillers. I quickly threw the towels onto his back and applied pressure onto the wound. I took one of my hands away from the towels and popped the lid off the bottle and shook out some of the pills. "Shadow, take some of these, it will help with the pain." I tried to say in a steady voice.

Shadow grunted and pushed himself up onto his knees.

"Shadow stop, you're gonna kill yourself if you keep moving around." I pleaded.

Shadow took some of the pills and gulped them down. He then looked at me with heavy eyes. "I'll be fine...just keep those towels on the wounds for a little bit longer."

I moved behind him and pushed the towels up against his back. "How can you say that? We need to take you to the hospital or I can call Cream to-"

"No." He interjected. He hung his head then slightly turned his face so I could see it. He had his normal face on but his eyes were losing light. "I...I can't die Amy..."

"Yeah, not on my watch anyways!" I exclaimed.

"No Amy..." He said in an annoyed tone. "I mean that I can't die because it's physically impossible for me... Because I'm immortal."

I widen my eyes and hung my mouth open. "What..?" I quietly said.

He nodded his head slowly and his breathing was going steady.

I gritted my teeth together and brought my lips into a tight frown. "What the hell Shadow!" I yelled out.

Shadow ears twitched and turned his head to see my face.

"How many other secrets do you have, huh? How come you didn't bother to tell me any of these things when I confessed my feelings for you!? What, you thought you would break my heart by just rejecting me and keep on pretending that everything is fine!? What if we actually did get together? Are you still going to keep all of these secrets from me?" I paused and huffed out some air. "Does your real girlfriend know about me? Hell, does she know about any of this?"

Shadow fell silent. I was feeling bad for lashing out on him when he was injured. Then, I felt Shadow placed his left hand onto my knee. "Amy, like I said, everyone has secrets they don't wanna talk about..." He coldly stated.

I lowered my head. "But Shadow..." I tighten my grip on the towels and placed my head on the top of his back. "I wanna be beside you forever..." I lightly punched his back, making him wince and move slightly forward. "I love you--you idiot..."

Shadow sighed. He brought his hand back and faced forward. "Amy..." He said in a low deep tone. "If I told you about me past... Can you really say those three words after I tell you it?"

I didn't know how to reply. I wanted to say yes but another part of me wanted to say no. I just dug my head into Shadow's back, unsure what else for me to do.

"Alright..." I could feel Shadow inhale and then exhale every time he took a breath. "I'll tell you my story, I'd be surprise if you don't see me as a monster after hearing it."