Path The Final Chapter

"So... What now?" I said in a sad tone.

It was around 4 pm, I was standing inside my entrance way while Shadow was standing outside the door with his arms crossed.

"What do you mean by "what now?"" He replied back in a calm voice.

I took a step forward. "I mean, like, everything..." I looked down at our feet then back up to a Shadow's face. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, what about us, what...what are we now...?" I was a little afraid of asking Shadow that question. Will he distant himself from me now that I know everything about him or will he remain close by?

He blankly stared into my eyes then half grinned. "You mean the fake relationship we have going?"

I jumped up and widen my eyes. That was totally not what I was trying to ask but now that Shadow brought it up, what IS the fake relationship now!? "U-um, uuh..." I started looking around nervously and scratching my cheek in confusion.

Shadow chuckled and took a step closer to me. "You have a lot of questions still on your mind don't you?" He purred.

I felt my cheeks blush and my lips scrunching up. "Y-yeah...I do... Like how do you feel about me, what do the kisses mean to you, do you even like me, what do you like about me-"

Shadow placed a finger on my lips, stopping me from talking. "You talk to much Amy Rose, and you're ridiculously curious about everything. Learn to take things slow."

"S-sorry... It's just..!" I dashed into Shadow and hugged him tightly. "I really love you Shadow, and I want to be by your side to help ease the pain. I want to be just like Mar-"

Shadow pulled me out of the hug and kissed my forehead. I widen my eyes and felt the tips of my ears grow super hot.

"Please do not compare yourself with her alright? You two are both different... But you two share the same feeling I have for the both of you..."

I blinked and looked at Shadow who parted from the kiss.

"Remember how you said I can have one request of anything, as long it wasn't drastic?" He took a hang and ran it through my quills, making my heart thump even harder.

I nodded my head slowly, and gulped.

"Then here is my request..." He pulled me in and kissed my lips. I soon melted into his embrace and wrapped my arms around his neck. A kiss? Your request is a silly kiss? You dummy, you could've just asked me any time else and I would've done it.

Our lips parted, Shadow placed his forehead on mine and stared into my jade eyes with his ruby eyes. "I don't want to walk this path without you by my side. Will you be the person I can count on whenever I need them through thick and thin Amy Rose?"

"H-huh?" I took a step back and brought my hands back to my sides. "S-Shadow are you a-asking me to be your girl--are you even ready, but I thought-"

He chuckles and does a quick peck on my cheek. "Yes." He purred. "Will you?"

I felt the corners of my eyes welling up. I lunged my body onto Shadow again, feeling his arms wrap around my waist.

"Yes!" I squealed. I felt the tears of happiness roll down my cheek. "Of course I will!"

He stumbled backwards and laughed that sounded so pure. "That's good... I'm glad to hear it."

He pulled my body away from his, then kissed my forehead once again. "For now, I must go back to earth. I'll see you tomorrow?"

I nodded my head and rested my hand on the door. "I'll see you tomorrow Shadow."

I closed the door as I heard him say Chaos Control quietly. I leaned on the doorframe and placed a hand over my forehead. So in the end, Shadow was never in a secret relationship, but no doubt about it, their bond was strong. Shadow still does his jobs to honour Maria's wishes and... And I'm his girl. I walked over to the guest room and flopped down on the bed we shared last night. I grabbed the pillow his head was sleeping on and hugged it tightly. I'm his Rose... I placed a gentle kiss on the pillow, still able to smell his faint cologne and the outdoors. And he's my Shadow.