Chapter 78 - Everything is going wrong.

That night Florence went up to her room and sat down in bed. She looked at her phone wallpaper and it was a picture of her and Dan. She started crying again.

Her dad knocked on the door.

“Come in.” She said.

“Flo are you alright?” He paused, “Stupid question really.”

He came round and hugged her.

“Dad, I love him, I love him so so much but now I’m going to lose him, again.”

“You won’t lose him. Florence he has stood by you through the worst of situations, if these letters split you then, I’ll put him right.”

“What about mum? I don’t know what letters she sent him, whether she has more to send. Daisy said you had a part in it too, I thought.”

“I was trying to stop her; if she keeps on acting like this I’m afraid I might have to divorce her.”

“I know. Everything would be fine if I didn’t come here in the first place.”

“Would it? Daisy has missed you so much so have I and to some extent your mother, you being here has made us happier.”

“Then I shouldn’t have brought Dan.”

“And let you get married to someone I’d never met.”

“Okay, okay you win.”

“Text Dan tonight, tell him how you feel and he might not reply but at least he knows.”

Florence nodded and her dad left.

She started texting Dan.

“You stuck by me even though I went to prison, even when you could’ve got killed by my abusive boyfriend, you found out about Kyle but we still stuck together, I even had cancer and now, I don’t want to lose you because my mother didn’t want us to be together. I should’ve burnt those letters a long time ago. I guess if I said I love you, you wouldn’t believe me. Goodnight Daniel. X” She sent it and fell asleep.

She checked her phone in the morning but he hadn’t replied.

She sighed.