Ch.18

This couldn't be happening to me.

It just couldn't be happening.

People can't just come waltzing back into my life like this.

Especially not him.

Especially not Niko.

He looks up from his phone when I walk in.

His phone falls from his hands and he looks utterly shocked.

HE has the decency to look shocked.

"Kaitlyn",he whispers loud enough for me to hear.

At this point my body is starting to shake and I dont know what to do anymore.

My hand drops from the doorknob.

This couldn't be happening.

"I'm sorry I didnt know...",he trails off looking into my eyes.

I say nothing.
This can't be real.
But as I stare into his eyes I know it's all real.

All the walls that I have built up since he left crumble. I bite my lip to keep the tears at bay I refuse to cry in front of him.

"Where you been?",he asks his eyes taking in my outfit. A wave of anger washes over me and for a moment all I see is red.

"Where have I been? Where have you been Niko",I say my voice quiet and calm. I'm starting to scare myself but the anger overpowers the fear.

Niko's eyes widen a bit and he takes a hesitant step back.

"Maybe i should come back later...when Angie is here so we can talk about everything",he says looking behind me at the open door.

I slam the door shut and throw my things on the floor.
"No we're gonna talk about it now",I say stepping towards him.

His eyes never leave my face as I stand right in front of him.
"I really think it's better if we talk about it later..I should go now", he says but doesn't make a move to leave.

I bark out a laugh.
"Are you gonna disappear for a couple months again",I sneer.

His mouth sets in a thin line.
"I'll explain later",he says but still doesn't make a move to leave.

"Explain how you left me heartbroken..Explain how you used me for sex...Explain why you didn't love me back",I yell.

His eyes widen a bit at the last part.
"Kaitlyn I ha-"he gets cut off by three knocks on the door. I don't move to get it so Niko does.

I hear the door open and a make voice.

"Kaitlyn I came-...oh my bad is Kaitlyn here?",James asks. I wipe away at my eyes and turn walking to the door.

"James what are you doing here?",I ask as Niko steps behind me.

"You dropped your ring", he says holding up the ring Isaiah had given me.

My heart stops and I somehow forget to breathe for 10 seconds as I look at the ring.

I hold my hand out and James slips the ring on to my finger.

"Thank you",I say. He smiles at me and akwardly waves at Niko behind me.

"I'm James",he says.

"I..was just leaving Goodbye Kaitlyn",Niko says and slips past James who looks somewhat confused.

I push past James as Niko jogs towards the open elevator. He gets in turning to me and presses the button.

"You can't just keep running",I shout as the doors closed.