Ch.42

I'm back. Didn't realize so much time had passed since I've uploaded.

Anyways updates will probably be more frequent and this book could be done by Friday.

That's such a weird thought.

Enjoy.

Don't forget to Comment & Vote.

Also follow me. :)

The past few weeks have been so boring.

The first week after we got back from the beach house James and I were rather distant.

We would face away from each other in bed. Wake up in the morning with fake smiles.

He would leave for work and I would stay back and endlessly clean an already clean house.

Everyday Niko would text me. It was a simple text. Just one word- Sorry. I ignored every single one.

But that didn't stop him from sending one each day. In the end I changed his name in my phone just in case James ever saw the notification.

It hurt to see his name pop up everyday and not be able to send something back. But it's what I had promised to James and I was going to keep it.

Things had slowly returned to normal and James and I were more comfortable around each other.

We hadn't had sex in a while but that was fine. I didn't want to rush anything for fear of disturbing our fragile state.

I'm leaning over the railing of the balcony staring down at the people and cars the go by.

It feels as if the world is moving so fast and I'm stuck behind watching it all from behind a glass screen.

I feel so isolated but I'm the one who is isolating myself.

I haven't gone out in a while for fear of somehow running into Anne or worse...Niko.

I'm scared that if I see him I'll make a mistake. That I might just throw away everything and be with him.

Cause as time has passed I have realized I never got over him. I always loved him.

But I can't anymore.

The glass door slides open and James steps onto the balcony.

He surprises me by wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me to his chest.

I turn in his embrace to face him.

He smiles down at me. His blue eyes shining. My heart flutters in my chest and I slowly lean up to kiss him.

He leans down and meets me halfway. Tears build up in my eyes.

I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him closer.

I've missed him so much. Because even though I messed up I really do love James. I really do.

He smiles against my lips and pulls back resting his forehead against mine.

"I've missed you.",I whisper.

"I've missed you too."he says. I smile up at him.

He walks us over to the chair and pulls me onto his lap.

"What changed?",I ask running my hands through his hair.

He bites his lip and his eyes roam over my face.

"I came in and I just saw you standing there. The light was surrounding you like a freaking halo. And I thought to myself. I am one lucky bastard. Because of all the guys you could have had. You chose me. And I told myself to stop walking around on eggshells around you and just be with you. Because you're still here. And I love you.",he says bringing his hand up to cup my face.

He presses his lips to mine. And slowly and passionately starts kissing me. His other hand tugs back on my hair.

I turn my body to face him and wrap my arm around his neck.

He leans back on the chair and pulls me with him. I straddle his waist and circle my hips.

He groans and tugs down on my bottom lip.

His hands slip under my shirt and cup my breasts. His finger teasingly rubs over my nipples.

I moan and I can feel his smile against my lips.

"Let's take this inside?",he asks huskily. I nod and he picks me up and walks us over to the door.

We get inside and he takes us to our bedroom.

He places me on the edge of the bed and starts removing his tie.

"Let me help.",I say as he throws his tie on the floor. I slowly unbutton his shirt until it hangs open revealing his toned chest.

I trail kisses down from his collar to the waistband of his pants. I remove his belt and unbutton his pants. They fall to the floor easily and his shirt follows the pants.

I cup his erection through his boxers and he hisses.

"It's been so long Kat.",he murmurs. I nod and he quickly pulls my shirt over my head.

He bites his lip as he takes in my chest. I push down my shorts and panties at the same time and he chuckles.

"Eager are we.",he says voice deeper than before. I grin and pull down his boxers. His erection springs free.

I lay back on the bed and wait.

"Pill?",he asks pushing my knees apart. I nod and thats all he needs. He pushes in slowly and I groan at the sensation.

"Fuck so tight.",he murmurs placing either arm beside my head. He leans down to kiss me and pulls out and back in.

I wrap my legs around him pulling him closer.

"James.",I moan. He picks up speed, pounding into me. My nails rake down his back as his mouth trails down my neck, leaving lovebites as he goes.

"Fuck. So good.",he says kissing me once again. He continues to pound into me and my orgasm starts to build up.

"So close.",I whimper. He nods and slows down.

"James no.",I moan.

"Want you to ride me.",he says pulling out and laying down beside me.

I get up and straddle his waist. I guide him inside until he's all the way in.

His hands grip onto my thighs tightly and I start to bounce on top of him.

His name falls from my mouth over and over again like a prayer.

He thrusts up over and over again and soon I reach my climax. I scream out his name and with a few more thrusts he cums inside me.

I fall down beside him, spent.

He gets up and comes back with some wipes. After we clean up he gets back into bed and settles down behind me.

He pulls my naked body to his so my back is to his chest and wraps an arm around my waist.

"I love you.",he murmurs.

"I love you too.",I say.

An hour later I still lay awake while James sleeps beside me.

I'm waiting.

As if on cue my phone screen lights up on the nightstand. I grab it slowly and turn it.

On the screen one single word.

Sorry.

I swipe so the notification goes away and put my phone back on the nightstand.

"I'm sorry too.",I whisper.

:)