Ch.30

James❤

I literally don't know who Kaitlyn should end up with. I've gotten to attached to James.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Enjoy:)

I take a deep breath and knock on the door.

A few seconds later the door opens revealing James.

His face lights up as his eyes search my face and then he frowns when he notices the bruise on my upper arm.

I notice the bruise near the bottom of his left eye and his busted lip. Niko had sure given him a beating. I also see that his right hand is bandaged up.

He clears his throat and I glance up.

"Hey..um come in.",he mumbles stepping to the side. I take a quick deep breath and walk past him. I stand a few feet away from the door and stare at my shoes.

I feel so awkward even though I had been living here for a bit.

"I um should we sit.",James says coming to stand in front of me. I nod again and walk towards the couch.

I sit and James takes a seat on the armchair across from me.

I finally look up at him and he's staring directly at me. He sighs and runs his fingers through his messy hair.

"Ok well I'm extremely sorry for everything that happened. I never meant to h-hurt you.",his voice cracks and he takes a minute to compose himself.

"I saw you with Niko and I was too high and too drunk and so my first thought was that you were cheating on me. Which is a ridiculous thing to say since he's Angie's brother and he has a son but that's all that passed through my mind. When you fell everything snapped in me and I realized what I had done. I passed out after the paramedics took you and when I woke up everything came back to me and I felt like shit. I called but your phone was off. I was going to go over to Angie's even though she would have killed me but I just needed to know you were okay. I went to the bathroom to get ready and that's when I saw the pregnancy test. It all clicked in my mind that you probably called Niko since he has experienced with these things but you could have talked to me too Kaitlyn.",he says his eyes boring into mine.

"Talk to you? That's all I've been trying to do for the past week but you're always too busy or too tired to talk about anything. Every time I try to talk to you, you brush me off and it hurts you know. We're supposed to communicate but all you want to do is focus on your work and sleep. And I get it work is important but so am I. I'm your girlfriend and I love you, I need you too James.",I say brushing away the tears.

"And that's not all the day the whole thing went down you had red lipstick smudges on your shirt. What's going on?",I ask.

He drops his head into his hands.

"I've been trying to get a promotion at work but my boss Ms.Flora is constantly hitting on me. She tells me that if I sleep with her I'll get the promotion and ie constantly tell her I have a girlfriend who I love very much and that only makes her try harder. She makes me work extra so everytime I come home I'm so tired. And I've reported her so many times but she owns everything and everyone is too afraid of her. I want to quit but I need the money for us. That day we had a little office party and I had a bit too much too drink and she starting kissing my neck and tried to take me to the her office. And she kept telling me how she would give me the promotion and even raise my salary a bit more all I had to do was sleep with her. And I almost did I was so intoxicated and so tired I just wanted her to leave me alone for good. And then I remember how I promised myself I would never hurt you and I basically ran out of there. I was so disgusted with myself and I just wanted to forget and so I called Liam and we smoked a bit and everything was so much better. I never meant to hurt you. You know I would never. I love you too much.",he says.

I sit in silence trying to process everything he's told me. After a few minutes I finally look up. James is staring at me cautiously.

Something on my face must alarm him because suddenly he walks over and falls to his knees in front of me.

He takes my hands in his.

"Please don't leave m-me.",he says and I'm startled when he tears slide down his cheeks.

"Ever since you came back into my life you made me better Kat. You made me realize how stupid I had been back then and how much I had hurt you. And that made me realize I never wanted to see you like that. That I wanted to be the reason you smiled and only cried if they were happy tears. You made me so happy and without you I would fall apart. I need you because without you I am no one. I love you so much and I swear I will never hurt you again.",he says and his head falls into my lap.

He continues to cry and my heart breaks. I cup his chin and bring his head up.

"I love you too and I could never leave you cause you make me strong too. I love you James. I love you so much.",I say wrapping my arms and burying my face into his neck.

He wraps his arms tightly around my waist pulling me as close as humanly possible.

It was going to be okay.

:) NOT EDITED FOR ERRORS