Ch.29

So gorgeous^^^^^^^

Enjoy :)

The beeping of the heart monitor wakes me up. I turn my head to the side and slowly open my eyes.

The first thing that I see is Niko. His head is laid on the bed and his eyes are closed. Then I notice the dark bruise just below his right eye.

I open my mouth to say something but my throat is so dry that nothing comes out.

I notice that Niko is holding my hand and I gently brush my fingertips over his hand. He sitrs and opens his eyes. He sits straight up in his chair startling me.

"Shit sorry. Kat oh my god. I- thank god you're awake.",he says showering my face with kisses.

My face heats up.

I hold up my arms and he stops.

"Oh yeah oh um do you need anything? Water?",he asks grabbing the cup from the table.

I nod and gratefully take the cup and down the whole cup in less than a minute.

"That's so much better.",I say my voice still a bit croaky.

"Yeah yeah I well so-",Niko says.
I hold up my hand and he stops.

"Take a seat and calmly explain everything please.",I say giving him a small smile.

He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair.

He takes a seat on the plastic chair again and grabs my hands in his.

He looks intently at my hand as if he is memorizing every line but I know he is just stalling.

"Niko",I say.

"Ok well I was standing outside the doorway when I heard something slam and this anger just consumed me and I rushed into the room and I saw your face and you look like you were in pain and so I grabbed James off of you but I didn't notice that he was holding your arm so you fell with him. You hit your head on the bed mostly the mattress part but then you hit the wooden part near the bottom and you just blacked out. I got so scared and so I called the paramedics and the whole time James kept trying to hold your hand and he kept muttering "sorry" over and over again. And I just lost it and I punched him right in the jaw and even though he was drunk he got up and we started fighting. I knocked him out just as the paramedics got there and then I came with you and I've been here since yesterday.",he says refusing to meet my eyes the whole time.

"I'm sorrt I shouldn't have left you in there with him in that stage. I'm so sorry Kat.",he says finally looking at me. His eyes are watery and I can't help but pull him toward me and hug him.

"It's not your fault okay. Please don't blame this on yourself I say my lips pressed against the side of his head.

"I was so worried. I thought you weren't going to wake up even though the doctors kept saying you were. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself knowing that you got hurt and I could have done something about it. I won't ever let anything happen to you I love you so much.",he says pulling pack.

He startles me by pressing his lips to mine. He continues kissing me softly murmuring my name over and over again. I bring my hand to his chest and push him back.

He pulls back and his face heats up.

"I'm sorry I go-",we're interrupted as the door opens and Angie sticks her head in.

Tears fall from her eyes as she realizes I'm awake.

She runs over to me and throws her arms around me pressing me tightly to her.