Chapter Two: Saying Goodbye

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

Today is finally Saturday, after a long week of school. On weekends, I try to avoid my parents at all costs. I pulled out my phone after it buzzed from a text message. It was from Violet.

From: Vi <3

Hey, we need to talk about something... Soon.

To: Vi <3

Okay, pick me up at my place?

From: Vi <3

On my way.

This is weird. I wonder what she has to talk to me about. She usually just calls me up on the phone to talk when something comes up, but this must be pretty serious if she wants to meet in person.

*

*

*

About five minutes later, I got a pebble thrown at my window, telling me that they were here. I climbed over the balcony railing and trusted Garret enough to catch my fall. We got in the car and drove back to their house. When I walked inside, there was lots of boxes everywhere and all the pictures that used to be on the walls of their home had disappeared.

"What's going on? Why are your walls naked?" I asked.

"Sit down." Violet said as she led me to the living room.

"Okay, I'm sitting... Now tell me what's going on!!!" I begged.

"So... You know how my dad's job is really important to him?" She asked.

"Yeah, of course. He would do anything for his job." I answered.

"Right... So... My dad got offered a promotion." She started.

"That's great!!! Is that all you wanted to tell me?" I was confused.

"Well... His promotion involves him moving to a different location." She clarified.

"So you're house shopping?!? I would love to help!!!" I'm so excited that her dad got a new promotion and they get to find a new house.

"Well... We already have a house... My dad's boss paid for it so we would have less expenses to move..." She was starting to tear up, "Teddy... We're moving to Florida."

My stomach just dropped a million feet into the ground.

"F-f-Florida?!?!?!" I started to tear up, "Do you know how far Florida is from California!??!?!"

"I'm so sorry, Teddy!!!" She started crying.

"Y-y-y-y-y-you're l-l-leaving me??!?!?!" I cried.

"I promise you, it's not by choice. If I had a choice, I would stay here so I could finish high school with my best friend and I could help you with your home situation, and—" She tried.

"I can't believe this is happening!!!!" I cried so hard.

Noah and Garret walked into the room, and I was embarrassed.

"I take it you broke the news to her..." Noah said to Violet, but she just cried even harder.

Noah hugged Violet and Garret hugged me. They know how hard this is going to be for us because we've been best friends since we were little kids and now we're being separated for the first time ever.

"You'll still be able to call and text all the time." Garret said to try and make me feel better.

"That's not the same!!!" I cried onto his shoulder.