Chapter Seven: Burden

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

I can't fall asleep because I'm too busy reading text messages and hearing voicemails from my parents and from Violet and her family.

"Hey buddy, It's Garret. I don't know what happened at home to cause you to run away, but I think you should go home and see your parents. They miss you, and they are so worried about you. Whether you know it or not, they love you. Violet has been crying herself to sleep every night because she says she blames herself for what happened, and she won't let anyone help her. If you could just talk to her and tell her you're okay, I think she would feel a lot better. We love you, kid. I hope you're safe, wherever you are." I teared up listening to Garret.

"Hi, Teddy. It's Charlie. Violet won't talk to me. She won't talk to anyone. My parents say that you left home without any information on where you were going... So I put the puzzle together... You ran away. I know you have your reasons... But you should go home to your parents because they love you. Family is always there for each other no matter what. Whatever you're running from, they will help you through it. I promise. I love you, Teddy. I hope you're safe." Charlevoix left me a voicemail.

"Teddy? It's Violet... I haven't slept in days... I haven't eaten in days... I can't go on knowing that I did this to you... I pushed you and then I got mad at you when you weren't strong enough to follow through... I'm so sorry... This is all my fault... I hate myself for causing you so much pain. I need you to know how much I miss you and how much I love you. I put your guitar pick on the chain of a necklace and I haven't taken it off ever since the day you gave it to me. I hope you're still wearing my necklace. Anyways, I just want to know that you're safe. I'm not going to tell you to go home to your parents because I know you won't, and I know that isn't safe for you... I love you, Teddy, please just give me any sign or words saying that you're okay. I love you, Teddy." I actually started crying listening to this one. I haven't taken the necklace off. It's still around my neck, and it's going to stay there.

"Teddy, it's your mommy, sweetie. I wanted to let you know that I have signed myself into a rehabilitation center, and your father is getting help, too. We are changing our lives for you, baby. We need you to come home. We need to see your face. I love you, honey. Please come home." My mom sounded perfectly happy. If I come home, it'll fuck things up again.

"Hey princess, it's dad. I miss you so much. I wish you would just come home. Wherever you are, it's not as safe as being home with your mother and I. We are so worried about you and we would do anything to have you back home with us. I love you." My dad sounded perfectly happy, too. Maybe my parents are trying to make it sound like they're healthy even though they aren't.

*

*

*

It's 1:00AM and the boys are still up. They got a facetime call from their manager back home and I can hear everything from my bunk.

"Okay, boys, so here's the deal. The press is eating up the buzz on your friend. The fans are confused, and somewhat angry. I don't know how much longer I can allow her to stay on this tour. Things are getting pretty bad, and I'm not willing to risk this tour just so you can have someone to fool around with." Their manager said.

"Look, dude, you don't even know her. She ran away from home because of some pretty serious and unsafe reasons. We took her in and we're bound to protect her." Wesley defended me.

"Yeah, she's our friend, and we're her new family." Keaton added.

"Guys, I don't care who she is, and I don't really care why she's with you. I care about your image and this tour. She will ruin it for you and she is a burden to the tour and I can't allow that to continue. If things get any worse, she has to go." Their manager argued.