Chapter Nine: To The Beach

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

I woke up the next morning feeling really shitty, with no one to go to. I can't talk to Violet about this because I have no doubt that she would rat me out to the police. I can't talk to Wesley or Keaton about it either because they're the problem... I guess Drew is the only person I can actually talk to.

I picked up my phone and hit the 'call' button under his contact name.

"Hey, Teddy. What's up?" He answered.

"Hey, Drew. Are you busy today?" I asked.

"No, actually, I'm not. Today's my day off, and Wes and Keaton are doing stuff for the tour. Why? Did you wanna do something?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was hoping we could hang out." I said, trying not to sound awkward.

"Yeah, that'd be great. Let's say... 10-ish?" He said.

"Yeah, that sounds perfect." I smiled.

"Cool, I'll come by then." He said and then we hung up.

This gives me twenty minutes to get ready. I grabbed the first shirt I could find, which happened to be an orange, spaghetti-strap, crop top. Then I found light-wash denim shorts and orange sandals with a flower in the middle. I ran to the bathroom and quickly straightened my hair, almost burning my fingers about ten times. I threw on a little bit of mascara and eyeliner and then put on some lip gloss. I finished with two minutes to spare. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=200688073)

Drew knocked and I opened soon after.

"Hey!! You look great." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back, and then grabbed my phone.

"So what did you have in mind?" Drew asked.

"Something... Relaxing... Something... That makes me feel comfortable enough to breathe... Something to release the negative energy inside of me... Something—" I tried.

"So we'll go to the beach." He smiled.

*

*

*

When we got to the beach, it was pretty empty, "Is it always like this?"

"Well, most kids are in school at these hours, so that's most likely why it's so dead." He explained.

"Oh... Right..." I said.

"You seem off... Is something bothering you?" He asked.

"Yeah... Actually... There is something." I admitted.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"Yeah..." I said. He led me over to one of the tall sand dunes and we sat at the top.

"So, what's going on?" He asked.

"I just..." I debated if I should talk to him about Wesley and Keaton, "I feel like I don't have anyone here that I can go to when I'm having issues..." I decided not to, "I just feel so alone because I don't have someone that I can go to... I feel trapped... And I feel like the world is suffocating me... I can't go to my old best friend because she would sell me out to the police if she found out where I really was... I can't go to my mom because I don't want my parents to find me... I just feel so lost and so alone..."

"I'm really glad you came to me with this. I don't want you to ever feel like this again. I'm gonna be straight up with you, I dig you. Whether or not you feel the same doesn't even matter now that I know you're in pain. The last thing I want for you is to be scared and to feel the way you feel. I know Wes and Keaton would feel the same way. You can come to me. With anything. I don't care what time it is, I don't care where I am, I don't care what I'm doing, if you ever feel trapped or suffocated, come to me. I won't let anyone hurt you, even if that means I have to save you from yourself." He comforted me.