Chapter Thirteen: Hole in the Wall

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

"I don't know what it feels like to like someone or to love someone..." I said.

"It feels like... A never-ending swarm of rainbow butterflies in your stomach... And invisible fireworks that go off in your mind when you're together... And when you're genuinely happy just being each other's company... At least... That's how it is for me." He smiled.

"You have butterflies with me?" I blushed.

"So many." He bit his lip.

"I wish I knew how to do this... With you..." I said.

"I'm not going to push you. I just want you to be comfortable." He said.

"Well, thank you, I appreciate that." I smiled.

"You're welcome," He smiled back. We sat there awkwardly and then he finally spoke, "I should probably head back to my room."

"Okay." I smiled. I walked him to the door and he gave me a tight hug before leaving.

*

*

*

Later on, I was surprised to hear another knock at my door. I opened up and it was Keaton.

"Hey, Keaton, what's up?" I smiled.

"Hey, Teddy," He smiled back, "I was hoping we could hang out."

"What'd you have in mind?" I asked.

"Maybe the beach?" He suggested.

"This late at night?" I chuckled.

"It'll be fun!!" He reassured me.

"Sure," I grabbed my phone, "Let's go!!"

*

*

*

When we got to the beach, we sat down on the shore with our feet sitting where the waves wash up.

"So, is everything okay? Is there any specific reason why you wanted to come here?" I asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine, I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He said.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just really glad I have you guys because I don't know what I would do without you. I'm just really nervous." I said.

"I also wanted to talk about something else..." He said, oddly.

"And what would that be?" I asked, scared.

"I wanted to talk about us..." He scratched his head nervously.

"Us?" I turned my head to look at him.

"I really care about you, Teddy, and I just keep thinking about the first time I ever saw you... On that park bench and you just had the most gorgeous eyes I'd ever seen in my life and in that moment, I knew there was something special about you." He said.

"Well thank you, Keaton, but there's nothing special about me, I can promise you that." I argued.

"No, don't even say that, like seriously." He said, offended.

"Keaton, I'm just a normal person, there's nothing special about me." I argued again.

"You're wrong. Teddy, you might be the most damaged person I've met in my life, but you were willing to trust us and put your heart out there. To know that you have so much trust in us is really comforting." He argued back.