Chapter Twenty Three: Balloons

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

"Vi, do you wanna take a walk?" I asked.

"Sure," She smiled and we stood up and started walking along the shore, "What's up?"

"I just wanted to pull you away from the guys, but I just wanted to make sure things are okay between us." I said.

"What? Why wouldn't they be?" She asked, confused.

"Well I know I kind of got on you about either dropping the boy at home or not because of Wesley, and I just wanted to make sure there are no hard feelings between us... I just really care about Wesley and I don't want him to get hurt, and I really care about you and I don't want you to get into a pickle with all of this going on." I explained.

"No, Teddy, I totally get it. I think the guy at home is probably hooking up with some other girl right now, so he probably won't be too broken hearted when I call him tonight." She said.

"Is he that much of a whore?" I asked, surprised.

"Kind of..." She said, sounding sad.

"Do you like him, Vi?" I asked, wanting an honest answer.

"I don't know... It's just, he was the first friend that I made in Miami... And he showed me around and took me on little adventures, and I thought we were just friends until he kissed me for the first time and there were so many butterflies in my stomach... And I just... I don't want to hurt him, Teddy." She said, sadly.

"Violet, I just want you to be happy... If he's IT, then don't pursuit things with Wes." I tried to make her feel better.

"But Wes is so..." She started.

"He's hot, I know," I chuckled, "But he even told me one day that if he was my boyfriend, he would probably be an ass."

"It's not like Jonah and I are an explicit couple... We just hang out a lot and we text a lot..." She said, sounding sad.

"Do you miss him?" I asked.

"It's probably too good to be true, right? I mean, Wes is so cool, and I kind of like him..." She said, sounding confused.

"You sound like me." I snickered.

"What should I do?" She asked.

"Okay, consider this... Jonah is back home in Florida with you, and Wes lives in California. Would you really want to do a long distance relationship?" I said.

"I mean, we could make it work... Maybe?" She said, sounding unsure.

"I think you should sit on it, and maybe get to know Wes more, without leading him on." I advised.

"You're probably right." She said.

"So are we good?" I asked.

"Yes!! We're great, Teddy, don't worry." She smiled and hugged me.

"Okay good." I smiled as we pulled away.

"We should probably get back to them before they get eaten by a shark." She joked.

I laughed, "Yeah, probably."

When we got back to where we left the guys, they were gone.

"Oh my gosh, they got eaten by sharks!!" Violet pretended to freak out.

"Hey, they took the cooler!! So not cool!!" I pointed out.

"Let's go back to the cabin and see what they're up to." She suggested so we walked back to the cabin and we walked in the front door and hollered for them, but we didn't hear anything.