Chapter Seventeen: Second First Kiss

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

After we finished putting the dishes away, we decided to go watch a movie upstairs in the TV room.

We chose to watch "The Dark Night", one of the Batman movies, and it also happens to be my one of my favorite movies.

"My favorite character is the Joker. He's so mischievous." I said.

"Yeah, he is pretty cool." Keaton snickered.

"I mean, he smashes a guy's eye into a pencil as a magic trick, and he dresses up like a nurse and breaks into a hospital and then blows it up... How much more of a villain could someone be?!" I said.

"You are absolutely right." He smiled.

*

*

*

Later into the movie, I laid down and put my head on Keaton's lap for a pillow because I was getting really tired.

"Are you tired?" He asked.

"So tired." I said.

"We can finish the movie tomorrow if you want." He offered.

"No, we can finish it, I like hanging out with you." I smiled.

"You're so beautiful." He said, looking into my eyes.

"Stop." I blushed.

"I can't stop, you're just the most amazing person I've ever met, and I just want to be able to call you mine." He said.

"Keaton..." I said, slightly sad.

"It's so hard for me to just be your friend... I want to hold you in my arms, and hug and kiss you all the time, and buy you gifts, and do stupid couple shit with you... You have no idea how bad I want that..." He said.

I blushed and looked up into his eyes as he looked down into mine. He gently rested his arm on my chest and then his hand held my face. He looked from my lips to eyes a few times, and I knew where this was headed... And I didn't want to stop it... And the next thing I knew, his soft lips pressed against mine. (Linked GIF) Instantly, my stomach had butterflies. This feels so wrong, but at the same time, it feels so right. After a good forty-five seconds, he pulled away and I couldn't do anything but smile.

"Sorry... I couldn't help myself..." He said, looking ashamed.

"You don't have to apologize." I said, still smiling.

"I shouldn't have just done that... I probably made you uncomfortable... So sorry..." He said, awkwardly.

"No, Keaton... It actually... It felt good." I smiled.

"So you felt it too?" He smiled.

"I don't really know what 'it' is, but I definitely felt something." I smiled back.

We both looked at the TV to see the credits rolling.

"I guess we missed the ending." He said.

"No, the ending was the best part this time around." I smiled.

He snickered, "You're cute."

"As are you." I smiled at him.

He checked his phone for the time and it was 1:17AM, "We should probably go to sleep."

"And now we have to part ways." I playfully frowned.

"Come on," He smiled as he helped me sit back up.