Chapter Nineteen: The Secret's Out

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

"I'm gonna go out on the back deck and read for a bit." I said as we pulled away.

"Okay, well enjoy your peace and quiet." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back and then I got up and went to my room to grab my phone. I went to the back deck and pulled up a book on my phone's library and read for a while.

*

*

*

KEATON'S P.O.V.:

After a while, I went downstairs to find Drew and Wesley in the family room.

"Hey guys." I said as I sat down on one of the couches.

"Hey Keats, what's up, bro?" Wesley asked.

"I'm just trying to enjoy our time here before we get back on the road.

"It's day one of three man, and I'm definitely enjoying it already." Drew said with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah? What'd you do that was exciting?" I asked.

"I had a kick-ass hike with Teddy today." He said, still smirking.

"What made is so great?" Wesley asked.

"We had a really good conversation. She really opened up to me, ya know? It just felt right. And then I may have um... I may have kissed her?" He said, which instantly made me feel like my head was on fire.

"Wait, you kissed Teddy?" I asked, trying not to show my anger.

"Yeah, bro. Sparks were flying, man, I don't think I've ever felt that with any other girl." Drew said, which made me even more mad.

"Shit, man, I guess Keaton's the only one who hasn't kissed Teddy yet." Wesley snickered, and Drew did too.

"I'm gonna go sit on the lake for a bit." I said as I got up and walked out of the house.

WESLEY'S P.O.V.:

"What do you think that was about?" I said to Drew.

"I don't know man, but something's buggin' him." Drew said, and then he went back to scrolling through his phone.

KEATON'S P.O.V.:

I can't believe Teddy didn't tell me that they fucking kissed. I don't think I've ever been so pissed off. I mean, Teddy played the whole honesty and no secrecy card, and then she left out the fact that Drew kissed her on their hike?!? What the hell am I supposed to think now?! Maybe she doesn't even care about me like she says she does, because if she did, she would have told me the truth. She said that her and Drew are just friends, but obviously not to Drew. This is so fucked up.

I pulled out my phone and sent her a text.

To: Teddy (:

Don't talk to me for the rest of our time at the cabin because I'm so pissed at you.

From: Teddy (:

What did I do? I thought we were cool...