Chapter Twenty Two: Off To The Lake

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

"Oh really? And what's that?" I asked.

"We have to go to the fucking club!!!" She suggested.

"But wait, you—" I started, "Shit... I missed your birthday..."

"Don't worry about me, Teddy!! My family threw me a little party, but tomorrow is all about you!!" She smiled.

"We can celebrate both of your birthdays. How's that?" Keaton smiled.

"I suppose... Even though I don't want to make a big deal out of nothing." I said.

"Teddy, shut the fuck up, your birthday is not nothing!!!" She said.

"Oooh, cat fight." Drew joked.

"Drew, you're so stupid, shut up!!" I playfully punched him as I laughed.

"I think it's a great idea." Keaton said, pulling me closer to him.

"Okay, fine, we can go to the club." I finally agreed.

"WOOOO!!!!!!" Wesley cheered, causing everyone to laugh.

"I'm sorry, but can I steal Miss Almost Eighteen for a minute?" Keaton asked.

"I think that's acceptable." I smiled and then we went upstairs to his room and he shut the door behind him and locked it, "So what did you want to talk about?" I asked.

He gently pushed me back against the door, "I really want to kiss you." (Linked GIF)

"What?" I snickered.

"I've wanted to kiss you since we said goodnight on the night of our first kiss." He said.

"You don't have to ask me permission... I'm not going to say no..." I chuckled a bit.

"I don't want to be friends with benefits..." He said.

"So then pop the question." I bit my lip.

"Teddy Gordon, will you go steady with me?" He asked sweetly.

"Hmm... I'll have to think about it," I joked, "Yes, you dork!!! I wouldn't want to be with anyone else."

"I was hoping you'd say that." He smiled and then kissed me softly.

I smiled as we pulled away from each other, "Was it worth the wait?"

"Definitely." He chuckled.

"What do you think of Violet?" I asked, wanting an honest answer.

"She's definitely crazy," He joked, "But she makes you seem so much happier when she's around."

"Well she's been there for me my whole life... Having her around kind of puts the pieces back together, I don't know... I'm just... I'm really glad she's here. I think it'll be good for me, and it'll be good for you guys too, ya know? You'll get to see how I am with her." I said.

"I'm glad you have her." He smiled.

"I didn't mean that—" I tried.

"I know what you meant," He smiled, "I just want you to know that I'm really glad she's here for you, and that I'm glad you have someone to lean on other than us because I know sometimes girls need their girl friends."

"Thanks for understanding." I smiled.

He pecked me on the lips, "We should probably go back down there before they get suspicious..."

"Yeah, you're probably right." I smiled and we went back downstairs while holding hands.

"Aww, look at the happy, and official, couple." Wesley announced in front of everyone.