Chapter Fifteen: My Story

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

I woke up the next morning, not really knowing what to expect from the boys. I kind of freaked out on Drew last night, and even Wesley. I know I need to apologize to them.

I got out of my bunk and saw them all sitting on the couch in the front of the bus.

"Drew?" I said.

He looked up at me, "Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Sure." He half-smiled and got up and came with me to the back and we both sat down, "What's up?"

"I just really wanted to apologize for what I said to you last night... I never should have freaked out on you... I was just... I was really worked up because of what happened with my dad, and I shouldn't have taken that out on you or the others. I'm just really, really sorry, and I hope you can forgive me." I said, hopeful.

"Of course I forgive you," He smiled, "I hope you understand that we want to protect you, not because we feel sorry for you, but because we love you. You're family."

A smile came across my face, "I can't tell you how much that means to me."

"Come here." He held his arms out and I went in for the hug.

"Thank you so much." I said into his shoulder.

"Anything for you." He said as we pulled away.

"Will you um... Tell Wesley to come back? I owe him an apology too..." I said, sadly.

"Sure thing." He smiled.

A few minutes later, Wesley came and sat down next to me, and he looked really nervous.

"So, I really wanted to apologize for going off on you last night about my parents... I was out of line, and I should have just thanked you for keeping me from going with them... You were just looking out for me, and I really appreciate that. I hope you can forgive me." I half-smiled.

"You don't have to apologize. I had a gut feeling that if I let you go with them, I would regret it for the rest of my life. I should have made sure it was okay with you before assuming you would tell your story to the cops. I hope you can forgive me for being inconsiderate." He apologized, too.

"I really, really care about you guys and I just want everything to be okay." I said.

"And it will be, I promise." He tucked my hair behind my ear, making me blush.

"Thank you so much." I hugged him tight.

"For what?" He rubbed my back.

"For everything." I smiled into his shoulder.

"I would do anything for you, babe." He said as we pulled away.

"I know." I smiled.

"Alright, let's go get some breakfast." He said and when we walked to the front of the bus, there was two policeman talking to Drew and Keaton.

"Is everything okay, officer?" Wesley asked as we sat down.

"I got a report that this band assaulted a man last night in a parking lot." The cop said.

"Yes, that's tr—" Drew tried.

"They were just protecting me, officer." I stood up as I cut him off.

"And who are you?" He asked.

"I'm a friend of the boys, and the man that claimed to have been 'assaulted' was my father... My abusive father." I explained.