Chapter Six: The Truth Comes Out

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

"Man, I am so stoked for this show tonight." Wes said as he and Drew played hacky-sack.

"Same here, bro." Drew said.

"So... This is what you guys do before a show?" I asked Keaton, who was sitting next to me on the couch.

"Yeah, we just chill until we have to do soundcheck and meet and greets." He said, casually.

"This has got to be the coolest thing on earth. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to have a job like this." I said in awe.

"It's definitely the best job in the world." He smiled at me.

"Alright guys, time to start soundcheck." Their tour manager said as he stepped into the room, "Drew, Wes, put shirts on."

Wes and Drew put shirts on and then the three boys got up and walked towards the door.

"Aren't you coming?" Wes asked me.

"Am I even allowed to do that?" I asked, concerned.

"Duh, you're with us." Drew said.

I smiled and walked alongside them.

*

*

*

I stood on the side of the stage while they did their acoustic soundcheck for their fans. They look so happy and overjoyed. I haven't seen Wes smile so big as he is right now. Granted, I've only been with them for a day.

*

*

*

After the soundcheck and meet and greet, we all went back to the dressing room and hung out until show time. Wes and Drew were outside on their longboards and Keaton and I stayed in.

"So... If you don't mind me asking... What happened with your family?" He said, out of the blue.

"Um..." I choked up.

"If you don't wanna tell me, I understand." He said, with a caring heart.

"No, I trust you," I looked into his eyes, "I have a really broken family. We were really happy until my mom lost her parents in a car wreck."

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." He said with sad eyes.

"After that, my mom started drinking... More and more every day... And my dad got really angry with her about it and they would get into so many pointless fights... And then my dad lost his job, and that's when the abuse started." I explained.

"How old were you?" He asked.

"I was in fourth grade." I answered.

"You were so young, that's terrible... So all these years? You just let it happen?" He asked.

"Well... It's more complicated than that..." I said, slightly offended.

"I didn't mean it like that, I just... I can't even imagine someone hurting you, or anyone, especially that young." He apologized.

"Well that's been my life..." I looked to the floor.

"Hey..." He lifted my chin with his finger and looked into my eyes, "You're safe now. We won't let anybody hurt you. I promise."

"I can honestly say... I've never felt so safe in my life..." I said, looking into his eyes.

"Whoaaaaaaaaaa what's going on in here?!?" Wesley said as he and Drew barged into the room.