Chapter Twenty: Look Who's Here

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

I woke up nervous the next morning because I didn't know how today would go. I really want things to be okay between Keaton and I, but I'm scared to talk to him because I don't want to get into another fight.

I got up and I cracked my door open to see who was in the family room. It ended up being empty, so I walked out to the kitchen, and I decided to make breakfast for everyone. I got out the waffle maker and I made chocolate chip waffles and bacon.

I set the table for everyone, "Guys!! Breakfast is on the table, courtesy of yours truly!!"

I sat down and waited for everyone else. Wesley and Drew were the first to come to the dining room, no surprise there.

"This looks so good!!" Wes said as he sat down.

"Wow, we're getting treated today!! Cooking by Teddy... You should make a TV show." Drew joked.

We waited a few minutes, and Keaton never came downstairs.

"We should probably eat... Our food will get cold." I said, disappointed, and we all started to eat.

A few minutes later, Keaton came downstairs.

"Hey, bro!! These waffles are the best waffles I've had in my life, eat up!!" Wes said.

Keaton made eye contact with me and then he walked to the kitchen, grabbed a PopTart, and went right back up to his room.

"Sorry, Teddy... I tried." Wesley said.

"No, no, it's okay, really." I fake smiled, and started pushing my food around on my plate.

"Teddy, I'm really sorry that I told Keaton about what happened on our hike... I didn't know you guys were talking, and I never would have kissed you if I knew." Drew apologized.

"It's okay, and I'm sorry for snapping on you last night. I was just really upset." I said, barely making eye contact.

"We'll figure this out. I promise." Drew said.

"Thanks, but I don't see how things will ever get better if Keaton can't stand to be in the same room with me." I said, sadly.

"Just give him some time," Wesley said, "I know Keaton, and I know he can't hold a grudge against someone."

"I hope you're right..." I said, "Listen, I'm not hungry anymore, so you can have the rest of my food. I'm gonna go shower and then go sit out on the lake."

"Are you sure you're not hungry?" Wes asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure..." I said as I stood up, "And I'll wash the dishes later, so don't worry about doing them. I got it."

I dragged myself to my room and a few tears rolled down my cheeks. I don't see how today could be worse. Keaton won't talk to me, and he's the only one I want to talk to at this point.

I grabbed my phone to see if Violet called me back at all, and there was nothing. I'll try calling her later.

I grabbed some clothes and then hopped in the shower. It felt so good to have hot water run down my back.

I got dressed and brushed my hair, and then I put on some eyeliner and mascara, and then I went to the family room and sat down on the couch so I could call Violet.

It went to voicemail again...

"Hey Violet... Look, I know we're not really on good terms, but I could really use a friend right now. Some things happened and I kind of feel alone in the situation I'm in, and I just really need someone to talk to. Please call me back when you get this." Tears fell from my eyes as I left that message for her, but I wiped them away and headed out the front door of the cabin and walked down to the lake.