Chapter Thirty Three: Bonfire Gone Wrong

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

Violet's dad let us take his car to the carnival and Wesley drove us there. We were blasting some good music in the car and we were just having a genuinely good time together.

When we pulled up to the carnival, there were so many awesome rides that we were excited about, and somewhat terrified of.

The boys bought Vi and I wristbands, as well as themselves, so we could have unlimited rides all day long.

"Guys, we have to go on the claw!!" Violet said, smiling.

"We have to go to the fun house before we leave, too!!" I smiled.

"We'll have time to do everything, babe, I promise." Wesley said to Violet.

"But first..." Keaton turned and gestured towards the tallest ride, "We have to ride the super shot."

"Oh, hell no." I said, feeling like I was going to be sick.

"Oh, come on!! It's our first carnival ride together!!" Keaton begged.

"I'm not a huge fan of heights..." I said.

"I'll be right next to you holding your hand." Keaton tried to make me feel better.

"Come on, Teddy!! Let's be rebels!!" Violet said.

"That's how you become a rebel?" Wesley chuckled.

"Oh, shut up!!" She said and then starting dragging us over there.

I could feel my body shaking because of how nervous I was about doing this. I'm probably going to shit my pants because of how high it is.

When it was our turn, we sat in the four seats on one side. The boys sat on the edges and us girls sat in the middle, and once we got harnessed in, I started freaking out.

"Oh my gosh, I can't do this, I can't do this." I said, shaking.

Keaton interlocked his fingers with mine and squeezed my hand, "I'm right here, I won't let anything happen to you, I promise. You're going to love it."

"FUUUUUCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!" Violet screamed as we started going up.

Wesley just laughed and then interlocked his fingers with hers to calm her down.

"Keaton, oh my gosh, no, I can't do this, I hate heights!! Why did I do this?!?" I said, contemplating my poor life decisions.

"Teddy, calm down," Keaton chuckled, "You're going to be fine, I promise."

"Holy shit, Wesley, this is so fucking high." Violet said as she looked down.

"I wonder what you'd be like drunk." Wesley said.

"What's that supposed to mean?!?" She snipped.

"You're crazy as shit!!" He joked.

"Yeah, I get that a lot." She said.

I felt the ride clicking and clonking as we reached the top and I could hear cracking noises.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?" I screamed, thinking the ride had broken, and then all of sudden we dropped and within seconds, we were back on ground level. My heart was racing so fast, "I thought it broke at the top!!"

Keaton couldn't stop laughing, "That was literally the best thing ever."

"I almost shit myself..." Violet said.

"You screamed pretty loud... I think you blew my eardrum." Wesley joked.

"Oh, whatever!!" She said.