Chapter Eighteen: Third Time's A Charm

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

I don't really know what to wear to go hiking because I've never done it before... I looked through the clothes I had and I grabbed a black tank top, red shorts, and black Nikes, and then I hopped in the shower. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=203412568)

After I was dressed, I did my hair by pulling it back in a ponytail and then I did a light amount of makeup.

I grabbed my phone and then went out to the family room to find Keaton and Wesley sitting on the couch on their phones.

"Well don't you look sporty today?" Wesley said.

"Yeah," I smiled, "Drew and I are going hiking!!!"

"Ooooh, is it a date?" Wesley said and Keaton had a discouraged look on his face.

"No it's not a date, you dodo. He told me he was going hiking and I said how that sounded fun, so he invited me to tag along." I explained, trying to give Keaton some relief.

As soon as I finished saying that, Drew came out of his room and met me in the family room, "Ready?"

"Yeah, I didn't really know what to wear since I've never been hiking before... So this was my best guess." I snickered.

"Well you guessed right." He smiled, "Alright boys, we'll see you in a few."

"Bye losers." Wesley said without looking up from his phone.

"Bye." Keaton slightly smiled.

I smiled and waved to them as we left the cabin.

"Alright, we can probably start by heading up this way." He pointed towards an open trail-looking spot in the woods.

"Sounds good to me." I smiled and then we started our hike.

"So this is your first time hiking, huh?" He said.

"Yeah, I'm so excited!!!" I said.

"I just love being out in nature. I get so many good vibes from it. It's also one of my favorite inspirations for song writing." He said.

"Growing up, I didn't get to spend much time outside, but I wish I could have. Sometimes being indoors makes you feel trapped, ya know? You kind of wonder about what's going on in the world around you, and then you remember that you can go view it if you take a few steps outside." I said.

"Holy shit, Teddy. That was beautiful." He said.

"I didn't mean to be poetic." I chuckled.

"I guess that's just the Teddy charm." He joked.

"Yeah, I guess so!!" I snickered.

"Are you like scared of bugs or anything?" He asked.

"I mean... I don't like bugs, but I wouldn't say I'm the type to freak out and jump onto a table over a bug, if that's what you're asking." I answered.

"Yeah, I feel you. I mean, I can deal with them, but they're annoying." He said.

"Yeah..." I said.

"We could probably stop here." He said as we made it to the top of a hill.

"It's so beautiful up here." I said as I looked out to my surroundings.

"Yeah, it is. I love to take it all in." He said.

"Do you hike a lot?" I asked.

"Not as much as I would like to. In California, there isn't many places to hike around our house, and on tour, we don't always have time to walk around the cities and do things, so I like that on this tour we made time to do stuff like that." He said.