Chapter Twelve: Breaking News

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

I took a shower to wash the chlorine out of my hair and I threw on some clothes. I have to go talk to Wes and make things right because I feel awful.

I brushed my hair and then grabbed my phone and headed to his room. I knocked on the door and he opened it soon after, shirtless.

I walked in, not caring if he wanted me to or not.

"Okay, Wes, look, I'm really sorry about today, I'm just really awkward and I didn't really know what to do because I don't know how to do relationships, and I don't know how to like someone, and I don't know what love is, and I know that me running away hurt you, and I'm just really sorry, and I hope you can forgive me because I really care about you and I don't want things to be like this between us and I just want you to know how much I ca—" I said and I was interrupted by him pulling me into his arms and into a tight hug. (Linked GIF) I threw my arms around his neck and I just felt so much better. We stayed like that for a good thirty seconds, just holding each other. We finally pulled away, "So you don't hate me?"

"I could never hate you, Teddy." He said, looking into my eyes.

"I just... I was stupid... I shouldn't have run away like that, and I'm really sorry... I was just so confused and I didn't know what to do, and I just—" I tried.

"Teddy?" He said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Shut up." He smirked.

"Sorry..." I snickered.

"I shouldn't have kissed you. It was impulsive, but I should've known better. I know how fragile you are and I know that your heart could break so easily. I'd probably be a total ass hole to you, to be completely honest. I just... I really like you." He said.

"No... Don't apologize... In all honesty, I'm kind of glad you did," I slightly smiled, "And I don't think you could ever be an ass hole to me. You're too sweet."

"Wait... You're glad I did?" He asked, confused.

"I mean... You were my first kiss... And I'm glad it was with you." I smiled, shyly.

He smiled, "God, if I could kiss you again..."

"Whoa, slow down there, cowboy." I joked.

He laughed, "I know, I won't be stupid this time."

"When you looked at me the way you did at the pool, that's when I knew we needed to talk. That's when I had the gut feeling that I screwed this up." I said.

"You didn't screw this up, I did. I shouldn't have kissed you like that, especially because I didn't think about how it would make you feel. If anything, I screwed this up." He reassured me.

"Can I just hug you again?" I asked.

"You don't have to ask, Teddy." He chuckled as he pulled me in for a tight hug and I rested my head on his bare chest. I looked up at him and he smiled. He bent slightly as he lowered his hands to my thighs and then he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He just held me in his arms so tight, making me feel safe, "Can I be honest with you?"

"Of course, you can tell me anything." He said.

I pulled my head back so I was looking him in the eyes, "I've never felt so safe in my entire life."

"I'm glad you feel that way." He smiled.

He started to put me down and then I spoke, "No!! Don't put me down yet!!"