Chapter Thirty One: Resolutions

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

When Keaton and I walked back into the room, the boys got sent straight to wardrobe, and so did I. I really hope this whole situation with Wes being mad won't get to Keaton on stage tonight.

*

*

*

I watched the soundcheck and Keaton wasn't as peppy as he usually is... Probably because of what I told him... I hate that it had to come out at this specific time, but I didn't know how much longer I could keep it inside without telling Keaton what happened.

"Who wants to go take some pictures?!?" Wes said, happily.

Their fans cheered and then they came back to where I was and Keaton interlocked his fingers with mine and we walked together to the meet and greet place.

"Everything okay with you, Keats?" Drew asked.

"Yeah, I'm good." He lied.

Wes just kind of looked at him, and when Wes made eye contact with me, it was like he was disappointed in me.

The boys interacted with their fans just as much as they always do. I could tell that Keaton was trying so hard to not get pissed at Wes. I think seeing his fans brings out the best side of him. I don't think the fans realize how much Keaton loves them. He always talks about how he owes everything to them because they made his dream come true. It's kind of sweet, actually. I love seeing him smile every time a new fan or a new group of fans come around the corner to meet them. He takes care of them and if they're crying or something he makes them feel comfortable and safe, just like he does with me. Drew always tells the fans how much he loves them when they come to shows and he loves seeing all the different faces at each gig. With Wes... He always tells fans that he loves them. He likes to make them feel like family. He treats them like they're his best friends. Lots of times he'll kiss girls on the cheek and it drives them crazy. I just think, as a whole, the boys have a really good connection with their fans.

*

*

*
When they finished up their last meet and greet, we all walked back to the dressing room together, not really saying much.

"That was probably the coolest batch of fans that we've had this tour." Drew said.

"Yeah, man, they were so cool!!" Wes said.

"Yeah, they were great." Keaton said, trying to hide his anger.

"Dude, Keats, are you sure you're okay? You've been acting strange." Drew said.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He lied.

"I don't know how you guys feel about this, but I've really been thinking about how you guys have such a good connection with your fans..." I said, "Every time I sit in on a meet and greet, it's like you guys treat your fans as if they were your best friends... Like they're family. I think that's really cool."

"We owe all of this to them... Without them, we wouldn't be able to be on tour... And we wouldn't be able to get all of the awesome opportunities that we get." Keaton said.

"And they are basically our best friends. They know so much about us... The good AND the bad... And they still choose to stay. I don't think we could ask for better fans." Drew said.

"Yeah, what they said." Wes said, without looking up from his phone.

"Dude, Wes, you always like talking about fans... So what's with your attitude?" Drew asked.