Chapter Three: Water Rising

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

The last day that I saw Violet was the last day that I've ever felt like I have a safe haven. Now, my life consists of being beaten every morning by my dad and getting alcohol thrown at me every day when I come home from school.

I've texted Violet every day to keep her up to date about what's happening at home, but she hasn't been responding very much since she is busy with the move. I miss her so much.

Today is Wednesday, another day of school, how fun. I got up and went to the kitchen to grab something for breakfast, and I was greeted by my dad shoving me to the ground and slapping me across the face.

"Daddy!!! I'm sorry!!!" I cried as I held my sore cheek.

"WHY ARE YOU SUCH A PIECE OF SHIT?!?!?!? YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER!!!!!!!!!" He screamed in my face.

"I'm sorry!!!" I cried.

"STOP CRYING!!!!!! YOU'RE SUCH A WIMP!!!!!!!!" He kicked me on my side and I winced in pain.

He went down into the basement of our house and I attempted to get off the floor. I couldn't pick myself up so I had to crawl to the kitchen table and pushed myself up half way.

"Baby?!?" I heard my mom's voice.

"Mom?" I said back.

"What has he done to you?" She said, surprisingly sober.

She helped me off the floor and helped me sit in the chair.

"I'm fine, mom, really." I lied. Usually, my mom starts drinking really heavily when my dad acts out.

"No you're not!!!" She said, worried.

"Mom, seriously, I'm okay." I held my side as I stood up.

I went back to my room, without breakfast, and got dressed as I was in pain. I covered up the slap marks on my face with makeup. All of a sudden, I hear yelling coming from the living room. I hurry out to see what's going on and it's my dad yelling at my mom, who was drunk on the couch already.

"THIS IS WHY OUR DAUGHTER IS SUCH A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!! SHE HAS A MOTHER LIKE YOU TO LOOK UP TO!!!!!!! WHY DID I EVER MARRY YOU?!?!?!?! YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON!!!!!!!! THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT YOU IS THAT YOU'RE GOOD IN BED, MAYBE THAT'S WHY I MARRIED YOU!!!!!! THAT CLEARLY DIDN'T DO US ANY GOOD SINCE TEDDY IS SUCH A SCREW UP!!!!!!!!" He yelled in her face.

Words like that have become numb to me because he has said them so many times. My mom drinks so much because she's afraid of my dad. Sometimes I fear that she's going to get alcohol poisoning and end up in the hospital. I have nobody else to run to anymore now that Violet's gone.

I quickly grabbed my backpack and phone and hurried out the front door so my dad wouldn't confront me again. Of course it's pouring rain outside and I have to walk to school now that Violet's family is gone.

*

*

*

I got to school and I was soaking wet, and I mean I was literally drenched with water like I just jumped into the ocean. I could hear people snickering and I saw them pointing at me and laughing. I just walked to my locker, leaving puddles of water all over the hallways.

"Wow, you really are garbage, aren't you?" Amanda said as her and her wannabees circled around me, "Poor Tetra, now that little Violet is gone, she has zero friends."

"Leave me alone, Amanda. I'm not in the mood to deal with you or your army of barbies." I said, annoyed.

"Ooooh, feisty." One of her barbie dolls said.