Chapter Forty One: Adventures

WESLEY'S P.O.V.:

Violet came back a few minutes later in her cute pajamas, and she smiled as I smiled at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She said as she came and sat back down in front of me.

"Because you're beautiful," I smiled, causing her to blush, "You're cute when you blush."

"Stop!!" She laughed and playfully pushed me.

"You should get some sleep. Tomorrow is our last day together, and I want both of us to be able to enjoy it as much as humanly possible." I said, and I started to get up.

"Wait!!" She said, grabbing my wrist, "Will you lay with me?"

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Will you lay with me for a few minutes? Until I fall asleep?" She asked, almost begging.

"I don't want to upset your parents, Vi..." I said, looking out for her.

"We're not having sex, Wes, this is totally innocent." She said.

"I guess that'd be okay," I shrugged, "Let me go change."

She smiled and got under the blankets, "I'll be here."

I went to the guest room and changed into basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I put a hoodie on, too, because it was kind of cold in the house. I walked back to Vi's room to find her happily scrolling through her phone. She's so cute, I can't get enough of her.

I walked over and lifted the covers and crawled in next to her. She rolled over on her side so she could face me.

"I want you to know how grateful I am to have you in my life." She said, making me feel really good.

"I'm the lucky one, Vi." I smiled as I tucked her hair behind her ear.

"I hope the kids at school lighten up. I hate when people hate me..." She said, sadly.

"Hey, maybe spring break was a good thing for everyone. I mean, sure, the bonfire was pretty awful for everyone, but it could've been worse, ya know? I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to be friends with such an amazing girl." I smiled, trying to make her feel better.

She intertwined our fingers, "You always know what to say."

"Even if I'm across the country, I'll always be here for you whenever you need me." I reassured her.

"This is my senior year... I'm graduating soon. Maybe in the fall I could go to a college in California so we could be together." She suggested.

"That could work," I said, "Teddy has to catch up on school, too, because she's been with us for the past month or so, and she's missed out on all that schooling. I don't know if she'll be able to graduate on time."

"Teddy's really smart, and had really good grades in school, so I'm sure she could catch up. Doesn't Keaton have a private tutor for when you guys are on the road? Maybe Keaton's tutor could tutor Teddy too so that she won't fall behind." She said.

"Yeah, that would be great. Do you think Teddy would be interested in that?" I asked.

"She's always loved the aspect of learning, and I know she wants to graduate high school, so I think she'd do it." She answered, honestly.

"I'll have to talk to her about it." I said.

"So, where do you guys live in Huntington Beach?" She asked.

"We live at Drew's place, which is a few blocks away from the beach." I explained.

"Do you have many friends there?" She asked.