Chapter Twenty One: Important News

TEDDY'S P.O.V.:

"You don't have to pretend to like me, Teddy, I'd rather be on my own than be with someone who's just pretending so that I'd feel good." He said.

"Who's pretending?!?! I know it's not me!!!" I said, "Look, you know this whole 'relationship' thing is super new to me, and I'm not using that excuse, but I didn't realize the feelings that I had for you were so strong until last night when I went to my room and cried myself to sleep because my heart hurt so bad. I made the biggest mistake of my life by not telling you what happened with me and Drew. I don't want to lose you, Keaton."

"You cried yourself to sleep over ME?" He asked, surprised.

"Of course I cried myself to sleep over you. The way I felt when you kissed me was completely different than the way I felt when it was Wesley or Drew. I know that kind of makes me sound like a whore, but everything is different with you, Keaton. EVERYTHING. I am so, so sorry, from the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you Drew kissed me, and I really hope we can go back to what we were." I said.

"I still REALLY hate the fact that you've kissed my brother, and Drew, who is also basically my brother, but I don't want to lose the friendship we have... But at the same time, I feel like you are so hypocritical because of the way you got mad at me for not telling you how I really felt, but yet you didn't tell me about you and Drew. How am I supposed to trust you after that?" He told me how he felt.

"I mean, I could say the same thing about you, even though yours isn't as big of a deal as mine was... I don't know... I guess it's just something I would have to work on." I said, slightly sad.

"I guess I just felt like you cheated on me... Even though we weren't actually dating." He said.

"No, I get it... I guess I didn't think of it like that at first. That makes me feel kind of awful. I haven't even had a boyfriend yet and I already cheated on someone." I said.

He snickered, "I guess I should have told you what I thought we were before you went on that hike because that might have eliminated the whole situation."

"Don't blame yourself, this was all my fault. I should have known better and I should have just told you." I said.

"But I am at fault for not telling you how I felt about the thing with Wes and the hike with Drew, and I should have told you the other night that I wanted to eventually pursuit something with you." He said, trying to make me feel somewhat better.

"Well thank you for trying to make me feel better, but I still feel terrible." I said.

"Well don't, because that would make me a jerk, and I don't want to be a jerk." He half-smiled.

"I'm sorry for saying that you were just like my dad..." I said, looking up at him.

"And I'm sorry for implying that you were a whore... That was so uncalled for and I never should have said that. If I could cut my tongue out of my mouth, I would. You didn't deserve that. And I'm also sorry for being so hostile towards you today." He apologized too.

"So are we good?" I asked.

"We're good." He slightly smiled.

"Thanks, Keaton... For listening to me and for understanding." I said.

"Would you just come give me a hug already?" He smiled as he opened his arms.

I laughed and then crawled over and hugged him, and I accidentally tackled him so he fell backwards and I was lying on top of him.