Chapter Thirty Seven: Shamu

VIOLET'S P.O.V.:

"So, am I the only person who didn't know?" Wes asked.

"No, actually, my parents don't know... And I know I have to tell them... I just don't know how..." I said, sadly.

"Vi, no matter what happens, they're still going to love you exactly the same." Wes comforted me.

"But they're going to be so disappointed in me." I frowned.

"It was a mistake... Things happen." He tried to make me feel better.

"I don't know if they'll accept that excuse." I chuckled.

"Do you want me to do it with you?" He asked.

"Thanks for offering, but I think this is just something I have to do on my own." I said.

"If you change your mind, you know where to find me." He smiled.

"Thanks Wes." I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"We should probably go find the others." He said.

"I should probably get the kids ready for bed, too." I said.

"I'll help you." He smiled.

"Wes, you don't have to do that." I said.

"I know, but I want to." He smiled.

"You're going to insist it, aren't you?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, pretty much." He said and then we went downstairs. Noah had been sitting in the living room on his phone, and he had a fearful look on his face.

We always put the kids to bed from youngest to oldest.

"Alright guys, it's WAY past all of your bed times. Come on, Winter." I smiled and opened my arms. She came running to me and Wes and I brought her to her room. I tucked her into bed and sat down on the floor next to her, "Goodnight, Winter."

"Ni-ni sissy." Winter said, rubbing her eyes.

I kissed her forehead and smiled as I stepped away. I went to turn the lights off, but I got distracted by hearing Wes talk to Winter, "Goodnight, beautiful girl. We'll see you in the morning, okay?" He kissed her forehead and then walked over to me and kissed mine. I couldn't help but smile, and then we turned the light off and went to get Braiden.

*

*

*

Once we had all of the kids in bed, I said goodnight to my parents and us older kids, besides Garret and Noah, went to my room to watch movies.

"What do you guys want to watch?" I asked.

"Let's watch Safe Haven!!" Teddy suggested.

"Uh, let's not!! Let's watch Mulan instead." Drew said, and Teddy threw a pillow at him, causing him to laugh.

"No, guys, the obvious choice is Monsters Inc." Keaton suggested.

"I like the way you think!!" I smiled at Keaton.

"Come on, we have to watch Star Wars!!" Wes begged.

"We are so fucking indecisive." I chuckled.

"How about we just watch all of them?" Drew suggested.

"Drew!! We would be up until 10AM!!" Teddy said.

"What's wrong with that?!?" Drew argued.

"Oh my gosh, I hate you right now." Teddy laughed.