Something Dangerously Dark

India

I went to go talk to Kingsley's mom. She went out to talked to the judge and police chief. I've seen something in her that was different but in a bad different. I brought up meeting some more of her family and her eyes went dark.

"Hey baby what the matter." I sat next to her

"How come Kingsley doesn't talk about the rest of her family." She sighed deeply, that's not good.

"Sweetheart let me tell you a story that isn't so pleasant." She sat me down "Kingsley isn't all sweet on the outside . While I was always gone I had a feeling something bad was going on. She is a woman filled with rage against her family and especially her dad side. I feel bad every time I look at her knowing I failed as a mom. " She started cry. "I found out how his family were. They are horrible, they were sex slave owners and sellers. Also a bunch of things. Her hatred towards men and abuse is deep. I didn't know she was abused on a daily basis, she hated her father, she hates his family and if she could they would all be dead. Once he left us to good I moved us away. I don't know what they did to her but it must of been bad. That's why she could just kill without thinking twice. When she lit that place of fire and those dead bodies you might of not seen it but I did. Her eyes was black as midnight, jaw clenched, knuckles damn near about to pop out her hand. If we wasn't there she would sit and watch it burn. "

"So your say she is pretty much insane." Now I'm rethinking about this relationship for real. Like I'm dating someone who is practically insane.

"No , she traumatized, hurt, angry, anything you could think of. The thing is when she met Mia is changed that darkness was suppressed but it was always there. From what I know it's 5 other people in his family that did her wrong, it was at least 10 people at first . She knows it, I can tell it's not gonna go away until they are gone completely. She isn't crazy but more observant, more aware, smart. She has to tell you herself but you have to be willing to hear it all. You have to be ready, when she told me she near when ballistic. Kingsley is more emotionally hurt than ever India."be she held my hands. I was literally in tears. Someone who seems so strong and be so broken.

"We've been together nearly a year. I think I can handle it." I wiped my tears.

"That doesn't mean anything India. Mia told me when Kingsley told her. She said that it didn't end well, she went missing for a while, next then you know you hear on the news about her fathers family members dead. I mean clips poured into there bodies." Damn she can be ruthless. I know she can be but damn.

"Should I be scared?" I asked

"No, just be there for her. I couldn't but you can. Like I said there is 5 people left, she will lose it and finish it off. Just maybe that darkness with be gone. Kingsley is a hurt and damaged person no matter how strong she seems. Don't be fooled, sometimes she doesn't sleep for days because of insomnia, when your sleep she's crying most of the time. I know because she texts me every time she does. When she opens of completely, listen to her voice, it goes from being okay to sounding violent to sounding weak to be just fine again. Listen to the story like it's your favorite book of all time. She really want to stop trapping and get a regular job India. For you, she wants to have kids with you , she wants a future with you. Don't let this scare you of something great, it's something she had to do or overcome. She hasn't been this serious about anyone, you gave her a second chance at love, happiness, peace. She looks at you like it's her last time seeing you." I have completely fell in love with Kingsley with her just being herself. Now I know something like this is beyond what I expected of our relationship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got home and saw Kingsley just playing the PS4 in the living room. She look at peace with herself right now. But that story her mom told me kinda scares me. Like at any moment she could cut be cold hearted without a word.

"Hey my love what going on." She said still looking at the TV.

"Nothing just spent some time with your mom." I sat next to her.

"How was that?" She asked

"It's was interesting to be honest." I kissed her.

"What you all talk about?" Should I tell her." You were talking about me wasn't you " her voice got stern.:

"Y-yes baby." I stuttered.

"You wanna hear about my life don't you?" She said.

"Yes."

"Alright let me move this out the way then. I might as well get this out the way then." She took a deep breath before speaking again.
*
*

*
*
I sat there in complete fucking shock. I couldn't move I couldn't speak I couldn't do anything. I had tears coming out of my eyes so fast. She told me she was sexually assaulted everyday and abused if she didn't do what she was told. It started when she was 7 up to 10, then back again at 11. Fuck she is completely broken.

"I'm gonna go for awhile baby." She kissed me on the lips and walked out the house.

"Wait." I grabbed her hand "I know you gonna finish them off baby. Your mom told me you would do it. Please be careful, and come back home to me. I love you with all my heart and soul Kingsley Taylor Cortes."

Kingsley looked me dead in the eyes " I promise I will baby. You take care of yourself while I'm gone, no crying because I know you will. This is something I must do. And I love you India Sofía Rose. One day you will be my wife and the mother of our children. " She kissed me one last time before she left out the door.