03

The night had flew by so fast and now the sun had risen, setting all of the rooms in the castle alight.

Marianne had been sat with Tristan and Aurora eating breakfast when she had felt the overwhelming feeling of needing to get some fresh air.

"Would you excuse me" she said as she rose from her chair

"Whereabouts are you going?" Tristan asked, out of pure curiosity. She would normally spend most of her time with him, apart from from an hour in the afternoon every other day where she completely disappears.

"I just need some air, my love" Marianne re-assured him that she will be back before too long. "I'll be back soon"

She quickly exited through the wooden doors and into the corridor. Along the hallway were a row Windows which on looked the beautiful gardens. Where she intended to go.

Her footsteps, though quiet, made large echoes through the lengthened hallway which now seemed to have gotten longer. But as she halted for she had felt a presence which wasn't her own, she heard another echo.

Her body shifted so she walked backwards, staring at the length she had just walked. "Hello?" She called, edging backwards. Maybe it was only Tristan checking on where she was going.

She stood on her tiptoes and tried to see around the corner of one hallway that broke off. But she couldn't, and the feeling of suffocation overwhelmed her, she needed fresh air before she would faint.

She kept stepping backwards until she walked into something. But it wasn't a wall, It was a person.

She had practically frozen, her hand feeling the chest of a man behind her. She couldn't turn around, the fear had struck her by surprise.

"Shhh" she heard the voice say as his hand snaked it's way over her mouth as she tried to shuffle out of the firm grip. This man was unbelievably strong and his skin was unfathomably cold. But his presence seemed somewhat familiar, like she had spoken to him before.

Marianne tried to open her mouth to scream for help to make any sound that would alert the guards or Tristan or anyone else. However; the mans hand pressed to harshly against her lips even stopped her breathing, he held her nose so she could feel real suffocation.

She tried to keep her eyes open, though from not being able to breathe, she wanted to close them so bad. Marianne's eyes flickered as she held them open as much as she could, finally coming to her last attempt of freedom.

Her hands bunched up into fists as she channeled what had been left of her magic. Though it had been hindered as she could not handle so much fear, so she could muster only enough to shock the man behind him.

He jumped back in surprise and Marianne took her opportunity to run. She lifted the skirt of her dress up so it wouldn't tangle around her feet, and she ran back through he hallway she had just walked.

This time her heavy footsteps echoed loudly, and she was so out of breath from the event she couldn't scream. Though as she ran she could not hear any footsteps but her own, did the man run away?

No. Somehow, the same man appeared in front of her. His face inhuman, something she had never seen before. Marianne recognised him as the man she had interrupted the night before; she never asked for his name.

Her feet quickly stopped as she tried to dodge him; but there wasn't just one man. More appeared, another man and another two as well as a blonde haired woman. It was like they had appeared from nowhere.

Her scared eyes flicked from one person to another, turning her body as she looked. "Who are you?" She stuttered as they were slowly ascending upon her. Were they here to kill her?

They didn't reply, they just emanated this feeling of uncertainty and fear into the room that only wanted Marianne to escape or die quickly.

When she finally gave up and realised that there would be no escape. She shut her eyes tightly and took a deep breath in. "Just, please, do it quickly" she spoke, ready for a stab to the chest or anything to indicate her murder.

But no. Instead she felt the hand cover her mouth once more and she couldn't remember a thing after that.