40

"Elijah" Marianne appeared in his doorway. She looked at him crouched over the desk, a dim lamp emanating light from beside him. She was still covered in blood, she hadn't changed from her clothing nor had she bathed her skin. "Please talk to me"

Marianne knew she had done wrong. She had made the biggest mistake and it had had consequences, huge consequences that didn't just effect her but everyone around her. Hayley had a daughter, she had a pack, she had family that would all miss her. But Marianne had a lot of explaining to do before she could explain what she could do to help.

"Please, leave me be, Marianne" Elijah muttered, his hand holding up his head as he couldn't quite get the image of Hayley's heart being pulled out. "I'm not in the mood"

"Elijah, you have to listen to me..." Marianne begun but Elijah stood up and turned his back on her, stopping her in her tracks. It felt like he had pulled her heart out all over again.

"This is what Tristan wanted" she tried to fight back the tears as they made their way down her face "don't you see?"

"Tristan wouldn't have gotten the satisfaction if you weren't stupid enough to do what you did" Elijah raised his voice, turning around to show Marianne the fire within his eyes. "What do you think would happen? You go alone and he ends up getting his way and killing you? I would have never gotten to say goodbye, who would have told me? Or would I have had to walk in and discover you myself" Elijah explained.

His point was perfectly valid "I thought I was strong enough to take him on" she argued "I had dark objects, I had my power, I had everything"

"You didn't have back up" Elijah replied, shaking his head "who knows what would have happened if I hadn't have been there. Maybe Hayley would still be alive"

"Elijah you need to know that I am sorry, but..."

"Sorry doesn't make this all okay, sorry doesn't tell Hope that her mother died because of a lost cause" he said compulsively.

Ouch. He sure knew how to quieten her. "Lost cause" Marianne gulped "okay"

Elijah obviously didn't mean it, but his anger was at maximum and he couldn't help but carry on the conversation without backtracking to tell her that he didn't mean it.

"I'll have to arrange a funeral" Elijah worried, his eyes flickering around the room "how will I tell Niklaus? The pack?" He cried, Elijah's mouth twitched with every word. "I'm going to have to bury her"

Marianne wanted to speak but she feared she'd be put down again if she did. Her heart now slowing down to almost a stop, oh how she wished it would just stop right now and everything would be over. Maybe Tristan should have killed her. Maybe she'd be better of dead.

"Elijah, if you would just let me speak" she tried to argue again when she gained the smallest shred of confidence.

"I am not in the mood" Elijah stopped "please go and wait in your room, and by any means do not leave until I say it is safe to do so. I'll be in later to have an adult conversation when both of us are calm"

"I am not a child" Marianne muttered as her feet stepped back towards the exit.

Elijah didn't reply. He just retracted back to his position above the desk, funeral plans is what he was going over. He couldn't stop because he'd just break down. He needed to get everything done.

So Marianne slipped out of the door and shut it behind her. Who was she even kidding? she wasn't even meant to be here and now she's causing so much trouble. Tristan wanted her and her alone, though she didn't want to be in his grasps, she had an idea that would save the Mikaelson's and get Tristan away from New Orleans.

In order to do that, Marianne needed to not look like... Well herself. So instead of following Elijah's instructions, her feet swayed from the wooden door of hears and ran downstairs.

Hayley's body had been removed from the scene and some vampires were hired to try and clean the blood from the floor. It was a mix of Hayley's and her own and the sight made we feel nauseous. "This is all my fault" she whispered as she dodged the puddles of blood and stains of blood that everyone couldn't seem to get out from the stone flooring.

But they would soon be safe. She just needed to pick up a few things before she could put her second plan into action.

Marianne walked out the door; knowing in a few hours she would be transformed into something else. Knowing that soon the people she cared for would be safe.