39

Marianne didn't go to find Niklaus, Rebekah or Freya. She knew it would be safe for them there. Whereas Marianne was about to embark on a very dangerous and very risky mission.

"Do I really want to do this?" she asked herself as she walked down the streets alone. There was a small chance that he might not show up; after all, Tristan did think she was stuck in the basement.

But she did. It could all be ended tonight. And all she had to do was be in the compound and stop herself from being so scared.

She itched her wrist as she walked into the empty compound. The vampires for some reason had disbanded, leaving the compound completely empty. Or at least she thought.

Marianne took a bag she had hidden below a table and emptied the contents on to the table. It consisted of multiple dark objected from what she could draw power of.

Marianne heard a door close from upstairs, her gaze followed to see Hayley and Elijah. Her heart dropped "Elijah?" She asked "what are you doing here?"

Both Hayley and Elijah walked down the stairs. Elijah had a confused look on his face "Hayley just wanted to pick up Hope's blanket, what are doing here?"

"No" she shook her head "no no no no" you aren't supposed to be here; none of you are. I'm supposed to be alone"

"Marianne calm down" Elijah could tell she was on the verge of a mental breakdown, she was so het up about something. "What is happening?"

"I knew you wouldn't be alone" Tristan had his hands in his pocket when he walked in to see Marianne, Elijah and Hayley.

Marianne sharply inhaled, shut her eyes and turned around to see him "Tristan, this is not what it looks like. They aren't supposed to be here, they know nothing" she tried explaining but it wasn't going to change what was going to happen now.

"Don't be stupid Marianne, I knew you'd never be separated from Elijah" Tristan spat

"What on earth is going on?" Elijah stepped forward. Everything about this was fishy and so confusing.

Tristan whipped out a note from his inner pocket, a tight grip on it with his index and middle finger. "I have what you want; I'll be in the compound alone at 9pm, come alone... From Marianne" he read out, handing it to Elijah for proof.

Elijah's eyes went over the letters again and again and again. He couldn't believe Marianne would be so stupid to do this. He just couldn't.

"Is this true?" Elijah asked, screwing the note up and dropping it to the floor.

Marianne looked to the floor. She didn't know what to reply, she was certain she'd throw up if she even opened her mouth. "Yes" she muttered

"And it is a good job that I didn't come alone then" Tristan clapped his hands together "as now, I can create something spectacular, something better than what I had planned"

Elijah scowled at Marianne, he felt so disappointed that she would do something like this behind his back. It did hurt him incredibly.

"Aya, please bring in our witch" Tristan smirked, motioning with his hand for them to come closer. The dark skinned girl that Elijah used to know brought in a woman that nobody recognised.

"You played me" Marianne went to lung forward but Elijah pulled her arm back, followed by the rest of her body.

"I cannot trust you, you cannot trust me" Tristan shrugged, but he was right. He did promise that nothing would happen tonight, but in the end Marianne and Hayley ended up locked in the basement. And now Marianne regretted every single move she made ever since deciding that this was a good idea.

The witch flung her arms up making Marianne choke on her own blood that sprung from her mouth. But that wasn't her intentions, that wasn't what Tristan wanted to do tonight. She just wanted to give her a small taste of what was to come.

Elijah Kneeled at Marianne's side as she fell to the floor, trying to catch her breath, trying to fight through the pain. She was drowning, she couldn't think. "Enough" Elijah shouted as he held Marianne to try and ease her pain.

"Fine" Tristan called off the witch "Lets get on"

The witch smirked and threw Marianne up against the wall, followed by Hayley. "I'm going to promise you two that only one of you will be getting out of here alive" He spoke to both women, Hayley trying to get her breath as the witch choked her. Marianne had a bit less pain; she was only human, there was only so much she could take.

Elijah ran towards the two, but Tristan intercepted by piercing his stomach with a normal blade. It only served to slow Elijah down, but that was all that they needed. "And you Elijah, you are going to be the author of someones spectacular end"

Aya and Tristan grabbed each of Elijah's arms to keep him subdued. He shook and grunted as he tried to escape from their grasps, but there was too much to focus on, he was so overwhelmed and these vampires had suddenly got stronger. "Which one Elijah?" he whispered in his ear "Which one do you want to live?"

"I will kill you" Elijah kept trying to escape, his hair fell from the perfect style and now fell infant of his face "You won't make me choose"

"Oh but someone has to die" Tristan trusted Aya to keep hold of the original vampire as he let go and walked over to the two victims "Now you don't exactly have to kill one; I'll be doing that, all you have to do is tell me a name and I'll kill them"

And thats when Marianne realised. Tristan had the opportunity to kill her, he had it multiple times tonight but he hadn't. He had a much more diabolical plan in mind, he was going to make Elijah hate her so much. "Elijah, save Hayley!" She shouted, realising that was what Tristan didn't want happening "He isn't going to kill me"

"You've always been clever, dear" Tristan shrugged "I don't really need the answer from Elijah now, I only wanted to cause a stir in the balance"

Elijah finally realised. "No!" he shouted as Tristan walked closer and closer "I save Hayley" he repeated, trying as hard as ever to get out of Aya's hold. It did hurt Marianne a bit when Elijah chose Hayley, even though it was her instruction to do so. Was she always going to be second choice?

Tristan ignored Elijah's request and walked up to Hayley, not wasting any time. He pushed his hand into her chest, causing her to convulse, her body jumped forward and then relaxed when Tristan took out her heart.