52

Her eyes were widened and a sharp sense of fear attacked her out of nowhere. But she didn't even flinch. Marianne sat in her coffin, her back straightened as she flicked her gaze around the room. Her lips slightly parted as if to say something, but nothing came out.

"I don't understand" Elijah looked at the girl he held in his arms, the girl that he pronounced dead.

"She is like us" Niklaus spoke aloud. He could tell by the way her eyes darted around the room, she was a vampire.

"No, I do not understand why" she spoke, the same harmonic tone to her voice that was music to Elijah's ears. Now, it was more alluring that he had ever witnessed. "I did not drink any ..."

Marianne trailed off and had been sucked back into her own thoughts "... I injected Tristan with the same thing I had injected myself with" Marianne wasn't trying to explain it to the others, she was trying to explain it to herself, walking through the whole night and trying to figure it out. "It contained his blood". I died with Tristan's blood in my veins"

Marianne itched the skin on her wrist and bit her lip "my mouth is burning" she exclaimed. And all eyes were on her once again "please; I'm not an exhibit, don't stare" it was every little thing that got to her, it was the sound of Freya's heartbeat that banged against her skull, it was the sound of Rebekah's teeth tapping together behind her closed lips. It was Niklaus and how she could hear his deep breathing and it was how everything in the room had a sound, the dust dropping on the floor, the clock ticking. It annoyed her.

"Can someone just say something?" She asked "drown out the drilling noises around me" her hands clawed at her hair as she rested her head in between her knees to somehow stop the noises.

Elijah started to speak "it's going to be tough, your hearing is more sensitive, you feel deeper" he started to explain, his voice the mere thing that kept her just off the verge of melting down. "You'll have a hunger stronger than anything you've ever experienced before" he kept on

Marianne grabbed her knees and slowly pushed her head up, her eyes darted to the thing that was right in front of her. It glimmered in the light and reflected beautifully, the familiar feel of the ring on her finger was the thing keeping her sane, the thing she could focus on. And then she looked down at the coffin and how everybody was draped in black dresses and black suits; she looked at the candles that flickered.

"Is this my funeral?" She asked, jumping off the padding and onto the floor. Elijah rushed to her side and helped her up. But she pushed herself away slightly and paced my room. "This is my funeral"

No-one dared to talk, to break the news that it was indeed her funeral, and nobody knew what to say to console her.

"Oh god" she rested against the wall and dropped to her knees and then onto the floor, her head resting in her hands "I'm dead, I'm actually dead" it wasn't like she had felt the same way before, well at least similar. But this time it was different; the hunger, the enhanced sensitivity, everything just made her feel worse. But what really did get to her, what really made her cry was that she was no longer a witch.

Elijah walked over and sat beside her, he waved his hand to silently ask for some time alone. All of them understood, knowing that she'd be better off with just one person, she didn't need to be overwhelmed. He put both of his arms around her and pulled her in closer, reminding himself of not too long ago when she was dying.

"I told you everything was going to be okay" he assured her "I stand by my word" he rested his head on hers as she sobbed into his suit. "We'll teach you how to live, you'll get used to it, it'll feel better soon

"Please help me" she said, calming down but not moving from her current position "am I going to be a monster?"

"Is that what you think of me?" He asked, smirking

"No, I don't have any issues with vampires, I just never really taken into consideration that It was my fate" she explained

Elijah rested his finger under her chin and raised her head slightly "you are going to be such a great vampire; it doesn't have to change anything about you"

"Really?" She asked "I've heard it changes people"

"But you are strong, you always have been and always will be and I have complete trust and faith in you" he explained "but there is one thing left to do"

"Oh" she realised "... The blood" she stopped the crying and the tears had stopped, suddenly she burst out into hysterical amounts of laughter. "This is so strange" she laughed and laughed.

Elijah knew that her first drink would define her next months as a vampire; if she couldn't quench the thirst and wanted more, then she'd be out of control. If she was able to control the hunger, then she'd be okay. But he couldn't take the risk of her becoming out of control; he wanted to take the control from her hands and keep it for himself, just this once. So he rolled his sleeve up and bit into his wrist.

"Can we even do that?" She asked, never really thinking of the possibility of vampires drinking each others blood.

"It's a very intimate thing to do; but we are far from strangers" he smiled "it's only fair, Tristan's blood turned you and now my blood can save you.

Marianne turned her head away from the blood, even though it took every bit of strength in her body. "Later" she grunted, trying to resist. "I want to enjoy these last moments of me being somewhat human"