11

"I was walking in the woods last night" Marianne had approached Tristan carefully and when he asked her what had happened and basically 'where the hell she had been' Marianne could speak her well thought out plan that covered her absence and why she was covered in dirt and blood. "I didn't feel too well in myself; I carelessly tripped and hit my head on a tree trunk; I must have knocked myself out until Elijah woke me"

It explained the blood, it explained the dirt and why she was missing for a long time. It was such an obvious answer that it could be perceived as unbelievable. But Tristan was always so hypnotised by her green eyes and her symphonic voice, that he had no other choice but to believe her.

He turned around and nodded to Elijah "I am ever so grateful for you finding her, who knows what would have happened if she had been left out there" he said "thank you"

"It was the least I could do, you have been ever so kind to my family in housing us after our father's untimely death" Elijah replied, acting his best and trying not to look the least bit jealous. Though there was no need to; he knew Marianne didn't love Tristan.

"You are dismissed" Tristan replied and turned around.

Dismissed? Elijah almost fired up and asked him what he meant by that. He was not a guard nor servant, and he should definitely not be dismissed.

"Let's get you cleaned up" Tristan helped Marianne from her chair

"I do not need help standing up, my love" she snapped "I only hit my head, I have no wounds to show"

"The blood tells another story altogether, darling" Tristan coo'd "I'll get the maids to draw you a bath so you can wash the dirt and blood from your skin; I will personally get you another dress from your wardrobe"

Marianne scoffed at his caring nature, he's not like that with other people. Why on earth does she have to be the only one he's nice to? It would be a lot easier if he was a monster all of the time.

"You do not need to, Tristan" she faked her smile

"She is correct, brother" Aurora waltzed in "you need to take care of the last details of the wedding; as maid of honour, my focus is on the bride"

She separated Tristan from Marianne and dragged her along behind her "I'll make sure she gets everything she needs"

"Aurora you do not need to" she followed her out of the room and into her chambers, the sound of the maids filling the bath with warm water in the distance.

"Sit" she demanded with an odd look on her face "go ahead, sit, I think we need to talk"

"About what, exactly?" Marianne asked, knowing that since the beginning, Aurora only falsified her friendship. Marianne didn't quite like Aurora either.

"My brother, is infatuated with you for some reason I cannot understand" Aurora blurted out to Marianne's surprise "oh come on, you cannot believe that we were actually friends, I can tell you do not like me as I do not like you"

"You have a fair point" Marianne snarled

"As I was saying; I do not feel you feel the same way towards my brother as he does to you. And I do not want him hurt in all of this" she spoke confidently

Marianne held up her hand and showed the very large and very expensive ring "Aurora if I did not feel the same I wouldn't be wearing this constantly or at all"

"You say that you feel the same yet every time I look at you, you are always looking at someone else the way you should be looking at him" Aurora bent down to eye level and stared at her "you cannot say you aren't, I keep catching you and Elijah spending even more time together in these past few days"

Marianne had to restrain herself from attacking aurora; god how she hated the self absorbed brat. "Your mind is playing tricks on you, Aurora, like they always have" she mocked "or maybe it is you making up stories to make yourself feel better; when the cold truth is that Tristan has found someone and eventually he will leave you. It is your jealousy speaking"

Aurora was speechless. She didn't expect this to come from Marianne. "I-" she stuttered, giving Marianne the satisfaction of victory.

"My bath has been drawn" she stood up and straightened her dress "please calm yourself and return to reality, for Tristan's sake"

Marianne went to exit when aurora shouted after her "be careful, for I will always have a close eye on you" she managed to speak "if you knew the truth about that family you'd surely run from them"

But that was the thing. Marianne knew all about Elijah and his family; she smiled because she would do the opposite of what Aurora said.

"And there is something about you too..." She carried on; leaving Marianne to top and turn "... I cannot put my finger on it as of yet, but there is something strange about you Marianne Auclaire and I will find out"

She wanted to reply something snappy, good luck maybe, but all she could say was "your deluded mind actually makes me feel some sort of sympathy for you" she snapped "is your life so awful that you need to create scenarios to divulge yourself in? Goodbye Aurora"

And with that, Marianne had left the fiery red head speechless, again. And angrier than ever.

"I will find out" Aurora whispered to herself.