17

"What have you done?" She didn't need to turn around to see who it was, she knew Tristan's voice like the back of her hand.

"Look at me Marianne" he demanded, ignoring her comment before "look. At. Me"

She turned her head and saw how he stood, towering over her slouched state. "Let us call this revenge, for how you manipulated me" he whispered in "and to think, I was going to give you everything I had. You lied to me Marianne, so I killed your witch brother just like I killed your witch father"

He knew she was a witch. But how? How did he know about her father and her brother? Unless someone had told him, he should have been completely oblivious.

"You know the last thing your brother cried out before I cut is tongue from his mouth?" Tristan asked "he screamed your name; I told him you had no plan of coming for him"

"Why would you do this to me?" She cried as she heard the gory details of Damien's murder. His young smile haunting her mind every time she blinked.

"Because you lied" he spat, crouching down to be at Marianne's level, his teeth gritted together and his eyes shone with a crazy glint "you lied about your heritage, you lied about your feelings towards me. Marianne, Aurora told me your entire plan and she told me how you were going to murder me"

Marianne hoped of all things, she hoped that he didn't know that part. Yes, he could know she was a witch, but not about her intentions.

"You ruined my entire family, murdered, kidnapped, you broke my coven in pieces and left us all for dead" Marianne whimpered, tasting defeat.

"This would not have happened if you did not run like a coward" Tristan placed his hand on her shoulder, feeling her terrified aura. "It is amazing what you could find out when you hold a blade to someone's throat"

"You are far worse than a monster" Marianne spat as she looked directly in his eyes "I would never love a man like you"

"And of course, giving your witch ancestors, I would never be able love your true self" Tristan tilted his head "with this, I hereby charge you for treason..."

Marianne didn't see it coming, but the next moment she looked down, Tristan had plunged a dagger into her side. "And send you to death"

It hurt. It hurt so much, the piercing sensation and then an ache when he pulled it out. She needed to do it now, what she came for, she needed to use what was hidden underneath her dress.

Marianne fought the feeling to shut her eyes and instead reached up her dress and quickly stabbed Tristan's heart. "That is funny because I was thinking the same thing"

It was lucky that Tristan didn't stab Marianne in any vital place, it only served to drain her blood, making her head spin. But all of her vital organs remained in one piece, he only caught her flesh. Yet Tristan was still oblivious to how Marianne managed to keep on moving, well that was until he felt the dagger in his heart.

"That was for my father, my coven and my brother" she spat as she felt his breathing slow down until it inevitably stopped, her grip on him released as he fell to his knees and that straight onto his stomach.

As soon as she realised she actually did it, a bittersweet moment with the triumph of revenge yet the death of her brother, she managed to shuffle to the wall and push herself up.

Her hand grabbing everything to help move herself forward, her other hand clutching the wound that stained her white dress. The blood seeped out quickly, drenching her hand and the fine material of the dress.

Marianne climbed up, step by step. Her mouth tasting a metallic sensation as blood has began to seep from her mouth. "Elijah" she rasped, not loud enough for anyone to hear. The crowd still remained, oblivious to what had happened down stairs.

Marianne couldn't grasp onto anything on the wall, so instead she had to crawl up the rest of the stairs to the top,that now seemed miles away. It was a race against time and she knew she would lose.

And just when she felt her eyes begin to weaken and the light of the chandelier overcome her vision, turning everything a yellow-White, Elijah finally emerged.

"Marianne, you are bleeding" he observed as he stood her up.

She tried to balance on her two feet but she just felt so dizzy she couldn't, Marianne fell again, this time falling onto Elijah.

She couldn't speak, she just took her hand from her wound and showed it to him.

"He hurt you" Elijah said, one hand holding onto her as he raised the other and bit into it.

This time Marianne didn't hesitate to drink the blood, she obviously didn't want to, but she needed to and she didn't want to die today.

"Tristan stabbed me" she said, out of breath as her mouth detached from Elijah's wrist "he knew everything, he knew about me being a witch, about my brother, about my plans" she listed it all "Aurora knew everything, and she told him"

Elijah cursed himself for leaving Aurora alive. But he was not going to admit his mistake now, he would somehow make her life a misery.

"Where is Tristan now?" He asked

"I killed him" her eyes flickered as she came to the sharp realisation, the blood on her hands had been hers, but it had been mixed with Tristan's too. "I'm a murderer"

Elijah took her into his arms; he didn't care that she was covered in blood. He tucked some hair behind her ear and kissed the top of her head. "You are not a murderer, you did what you had to do to survive" he assured her. But he knew he had to get her out of here before Tristan turned, he knew that they all needed to get out of here.

"Where is your brother, we'll collect him quickly and then meet with the rest" Elijah let her go and planned out his next move.

"Do not bother yourself" she sighed and looked at he ground "Tristan cut out his tongue and then slit his throat"

Elijah parted his lips to say something, anything. But he couldn't; the way he went was by far the worst Elijah had experienced. And the hurt in Marianne's eyes almost screamed at him. This wasn't the way things were planned; but now Marianne was a number one target and he needed to keep her safe. He would do anything to keep her safe.

"Let us go and meet the others, I have one more thing that needs to be done" Elijah said.